World Heritage Islands of the Sub-Antarctic
DURATION:13 Days/ 12 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Geographer
Book this expediiton now and receive a $500 PP Travel Credit!
Deep in the Southern Ocean, the World Heritage islands of the Australian and New Zealand sub-Antarctic are home to rare seabirds and marine mammals which have thrived in rugged isolation. Our small ship expedition, with its complement of Zodiacs and Xplorer tender vessels, will take guests up close to these desolate islands – the last landfall before Antarctica. This is seal and penguin country.
Accompanied by expert guides and a familiar Australian crew, join a small group of no more than 120 like-minded explorers on Coral Geographer’s inaugural expedition adventures into the sub-Antarctic. Discover The Snares and Auckland, Campbell & Macquarie islands over 13-days from Bluff in New Zealand to Melbourne.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Launched March 2021
Coral Geographer accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. A sister-ship to the new Coral Adventurer (launched 2019), care has been taken with the design of Coral Geographer to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Geographer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the waters of Australasia, South East Asia and the Indian and Pacific oceans.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade aboard Coral Geographer
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel and zodiacs
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
* $500 PP Travel Credit is only available on new bookings made after 10 June 2023.
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Coral Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in Coral and Promenade deck staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% supplement.