Who are ‘we’?
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), that means Expedition Cruise Specialists Pty Ltd (ACN 606 209 689) and all its wholly owned subsidiaries, including Kimberley Cruise Specialists and Antarctica Cruise Specialists. Our office is in Australia, but our website is visible all over the world. Address details are available on our Contact Us page.
We are a travel provider (reseller) offering booking services and expert advice on travel and ancillary products including, but not limited to, expedition cruises, flights, hotels, touring, and travel insurance.
Types of personal data and how we collect it
At Expedition Cruise Specialists we’re serious about the protection of your personal data. To be able to answer your questions and facilitate the booking process, you may be required to provide us with identifying personal data.
The kinds of personal information and sensitive information that we commonly collect and hold about you include: your name, address, phone, fax and mobile numbers, email address, date of birth, nationality, passport details, travel preferences and experiences, travel insurance and travel rewards and loyalty program membership. Where necessary, we may also collect health information relating to your current and previous health status, current and previous medical conditions, and your dietary requirements. We also collect personal information, sensitive information and health information from or about your family members, next of kin, emergency contact details and / or other members of your travelling party.
When you choose to visit our websites or engage any of our services, we may collect your personal data. The methods in which we collect your personal data may be described as follows:
Information you provide to us directly: When you telephone us or visit or engage with some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide us with your personal details / data. For example, we ask for your contact information when you sign up to receive our newsletters, comment on our blogs, to respond to your enquiries and to facilitate travel bookings on your behalf. If you do not wish to provide us with the personal information we require to complete your enquiry, you don’t have to, but it might mean that you cannot use some sections of our websites or services.
Information we collect automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and the type of device you are using. We also collect information about how you navigate through our websites, including what pages you looked at, for how long, and what links you clicked. We collect this information as it enables us to evaluate how user-friendly our website is and make changes to enhance your user experience.
Some of the information we collect when you are using our website is gathered using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as beacons. If you would like to find out more about the types of cookies we use, why, and how you can control them, please visit our Cookie Notices page.
Information we get from third parties: Almost all of information we collect, we collect directly from you. On occasion, we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- to perform a contract with you, or
- where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
- in accordance with a legal obligation, or
- where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you.
Credit card details are not stored on our servers when you book, or buy travel products through our website.
How we use the data we collect about you
We use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you’ve requested from us, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
- Booking your travel requirements
- To contact you and other persons in relation to the services provided by Expedition Cruise Specialists to you
- To enable an Expedition Cruise Specialists travel consultant to complete a reservation by a registered travel agent or customer
- To enable an Expedition Cruise Specialists consultant to dispatch a brochure a customer has requested
- If you select, for Expedition Cruise Specialists to communicate with you about new products
- If you select, for Expedition Cruise Specialists to communicate with you about any new touring options special offers, competitions, surveys and news
- For operational purposes to take note of how you use the website, by recording site traffic and observing navigation techniques
- To diagnose problems with our server and administer our website.
- We also use the information we collect to monitor and improve our internal operations, as well as to improve the experience of our web site users.
How we can share your data
- There will be times when we need to share or disclose your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- Other travel providers / companies for whom we act as a travel agent. For example, should you ask us to make a booking on your behalf with a third party cruise line it will be necessary for us to pass on your identifiable information so that the booking process may be completed.
- Other third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data to, for example, support delivery of or provide functionality on the website or services, or to market or promote our goods and services to you
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
- other people where we have your consent.
We will never sell, or make available, your personal information to third party companies or individuals unless it is absolutely necessary to fulfill your contract with us.
International transfer of your personal data
When we collect your personal data, it may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you live – such as Australia, New Zealand and the United States, where our data hosting provider’s servers are located. These countries may have laws different to what you’re used to.
Should we be administering a booking on your behalf with a cruise line which is based in another country, it will be necessary for us to provide your personal data to that company to facilitate the booking process.
For individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA), this means that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA. Where your personal data is transferred outside the EEA, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for EEA data (like New Zealand), or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data
It is our desire to build a trusted, ongoing and loyal relationship with our clients. Therefore, we’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
Your personal data and your rights
Your personal data is exactly that; yours. And you have certain rights governing how we use your personal data. When it comes to marketing or promotional communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication, or send your request to
You also have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
- object to our continued processing of your personal data
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
If you’re not happy with how we are processing your personal data, please let us know by sending an email to [email protected] We will review and investigate your complaint, and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame. You can also complain to your local data protection authority. They will be able to advise you how to submit a complaint.
Should you have any concerns regarding our storage or use of your personal data, please contact:
The General Manager
Expedition Cruise Specialists Pty Ltd
PO Box 7486
Cairns, QLD, 4870, Australia
Telephone: +61 7 4041 2101
Email: [email protected]
Data Security & Protection
At Expedition Cruise Specialists we take your security and privacy very seriously.
All client data is stored in cloud-based CRM and accounting systems. We store all client information and data in password protected directories and databases to safeguard your information. SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology ensures that data transfer is fully encrypted and sent over an HTTP Secure (HTTPS) connections.
Expedition Cruise Specialists and its staff will always take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information and data you have supplied, including appropriate measures against unauthorised access, modifications, misusage and disclosure.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required. This destruction of personal information will be by secure means, for example shredding, pulping or disintegration.
What are cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The cookies we set
- Account related cookies
- Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Surveys related cookies
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third party cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you. The cookies we use for this purpose are Hotjar and Optimizely.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
- For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
Email: [email protected]
By visiting this link: https://www.expeditioncruisespecialists.com/contact-us