Wild Islands of South Australia
DURATION:11 Days/ 10 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Geographer
This ten-night voyage from Adelaide offers the opportunity to explore and hike South Australia’s wild islands, where forested National Parks give way to sheer wave-carved cliffs and sweeping white-sand beaches. A highlight of the itinerary is a series of guided walking excursions along coastal nature trails and to rugged island outlooks where guests will be rewarded with sweeping ocean vistas. Hosted by expert guides, learn about the flora, fauna, and history of these remote island habitats and coastal National Parks. Cool down with an invigorating ocean swim or
enjoy kayaking in the turquoise waters at destinations such as Antechamber Bay on Kangaroo Island. Less-visited islands, such as Flinders Island and Reevesby Island, offer the opportunity to encounter charismatic native wildlife – inquisitive seals, shorebirds, rock wallabies, and many more. Along the way, enjoy the tastes of South Australia and indulge in fresh regional seafood and hand-selected local wines. You'll cruise aboard the new Coral Geographer, in the company of an Australian crew and knowledgeable expedition team, this will surely be a journey to remember!
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Launched March 2021
Coral Geographer accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. A sister-ship to the new Coral Adventurer (launched 2019), care has been taken with the design of Coral Geographer to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Geographer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the waters of Australasia, South East Asia and the Indian and Pacific oceans.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade aboard Coral Geographer
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel and zodiacs
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
- Included access to standard Wi-Fi aboard the ship - premium package available for purchase.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Optional Mitchell Falls helicopter flight (payable on board)
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Coral Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in Coral and Promenade deck staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% supplement.