Whales & Trails of Western Australia
DURATION:11 Days/ 10 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Adventurer
Join Coral Adventurer in October 2024 on this inaugural Whales and Trails expedition to explore the imposing coastline of South Western Australia with adventures on land and sea. Follow the migratory trail of the Humpback, Southern Right and Blue whales which frequent this confluence of the Indian and Southern Oceans. Onshore, fill your days exploring the renowned wine region of Margaret River, enjoying leisurely coastal walks along a section of the scenic Cape to Cape nature trail and discovering wildflowers in full springtime bloom around Dunsborough and Esperance. Stroll the silica white sands in the company of native kangaroos at Lucky Bay – voted #1 Beach in the World. Cruise the sheltered waters
of Point Ann to witness whales and their calves and later, swim with the stingrays in Hamelin Bay. Along the way, connect with traditional owners in small coastal communities and learn of their history and heritage. The adventure culminates with a signature winemakers dinner event at famed Leeuwin Estate Winery pairing the exceptional ‘Art Series’ wines with locally harvested cuisine.
An expedition in partnership with the Australian Geographic Society.
Signature Event: Experience a signature six-course Winemakers Dinner at historic Leeuwin Estate featuring the iconic Art Series wines expertly paired with regionally inspired cuisine.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Considered the 'world's most technologically-advanced tropical expedition ship', Coral Adventurer accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. Care has been taken with the design of the ship to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She is Australian flagged and crewed and conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Adventurer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the Kimberley region, Cape York and Arnhem Land (The Top of Australia), Papua New Guinea, the Spice Islands, Indonesia and the South Pacific.
Signature Event: Experience a signature six-course Winemakers Dinner at historic Leeuwin Estate featuring the iconic Art Series wines expertly paired with regionally inspired cuisine.?
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade aboard the Coral Adventurer
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel and zodiacs
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
- Included access to standard Wi-Fi aboard the ship - premium package available for purchase.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Coral Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in Coral and Promenade deck staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% single supplement.