Southern & Central Galapagos
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:South & Central AmericaSHIP:Origin & Theory
Your seven-night Southern & Central Galapagos Islands expedition begins from the island of San Cristobal, where you embark one of the newest and most luxurious yachts operating in the archipelago, the Origin (launched 2018) or Theory (launched 2019). Over the next week you will explore several of the key islands, home to an array of wildlife, spectacular scenery and the history of Charles Darwin's explorations aboard the Beagle. Follow the lead of expert naturalist guides, who share their deep knowledge of (and passion for) the Galapagos while leading nature
walks, paddleboard excursions, and snorkelling trips. Ask your guides to share their favorite stories about working and living in this enchanted land. With a nature guide for each ten guests, when you cruise aboard Origin or Theory you will enjoy the lowest guide to guest ratio in the Galapagos. You will also have ample time to photograph and admire the marine life from the comfort of a glass bottom boat as it navigates hidden caverns and quiet mangrove estuaries; or explore the wonders of the undersea environment snorkelling near the coastline.
Origin & Theory
Operated by Ecoventura
Launched in 2018 & 2019 respectively, the sister-ships Origin and Theory accommodate just 20 expeditioners on seven and 14 night wildlife cruises around Ecuador's Galapagos Islands. The identical luxury expedition yachts combine stylish décor, world-class service and luxurious amenities, built with naval steel and designed to minimize environmental impact. Travelling at speed of 12-14 knots allows more time for exploration while the curved bow cuts through waves for smooth sailing, assisted by fixed stabilisers. There's a total of 13 crew on board to look after your every need, including two accredited naturalists who will lead shore excursions and present briefings on board.
Relais & Chateaux – Origin and Theory are the only vessels operating in the Galapagos Islands accepted into Relais & Chateaux - an esteemed group of hoteliers, chefs and restauranteurs setting a high standard of excellence.
Your cruise price includes:
- Cabin accommodation in a Deluxe stateroom (145 square feet) featuring large windows showcasing expansive un-obstructed views. All ten cabins are on the Beagle Deck.
- All meals and after excursions snacks are creatively prepared using fresh local ingredients from sustainable providers. Dinner is a beautifully plated four-course menu and BBQ lunches are served al fresco on the sun deck with a cooking demonstration.
- Afternoon tea service with pastries and savoury snacks available.
- Open bar policy including white, red and sparkling wine, beer, spirits, juice, sodas, coffee and tea 24/7.
- Satellite communications (Wi-Fi) – available 24/7 and limited to one PIN per cabin.
- Guided shore excursions twice daily, evening briefings and enrichment lectures
- Exploration of the shoreline by Zodiac or glass-bottom boat
- Kayaks (five doubles and a single), two stand up paddle boards,
- Wet suits (full 3mm) in your approximate size and snorkelling equipment (mask, fins, and snorkel)
- Transfers in the Islands between the airport with meet & greet and the dock in Galapagos.
- Personalised check-in at the airports in Quito and Guayaquil (on days of operation only)
Your cruise price does not include:
- International Airfare to Ecuador – you must arrive in Quito or Guayaquil the day prior to the cruise
- Hotel accommodation in Ecuador the night before your cruise - we can assist with your reservation
- Airfare from Quito or Guayaquil to Galapagos - your flight is confirmed through the operator's allotment of seats with Avianca on Sunday to San Cristobal (SCY) * Upgrade to a business class seat for $114 per person round trip.
- Galapagos Park entrance fee (park tax) - US$100 for adults $50 for children 11 and under
- Migration control Transit card (TCT or INGALA) fee US$20 per person
- Gratuities to guides and crew - guests are encouraged to leave the amount they find appropriate.
- For those who inquire, the suggested amount is USD$300-350 per guest per week
- Purchases from the bar for premium brands of wine and spirits not included in the open bar policy
- Laundry service - available Monday to Friday and limited to five items per cabin per day
- Travel Insurance - recommended protecting your travel investment in case of cancellation or delays
- For Purchases on board, Origin & Theory accept cash (US Dollars), Master Card and VISA
- The cost of any travel visas, passports etc.