National Geographic Galapagos Islands
DURATION:10 Days/ 9 NightsREGION:South & Central AmericaSHIP:National Geographic Endeavour II
Discovering the Galápagos Islands on an expedition is an unrivaled experience. And Lindblad Expeditions' 360º approach is your guarantee of an in-depth encounter with all its wonders. The 96-guest National Geographic Endeavour II is fully equipped with tools for exploration that will enable you to see more of the archipelago’s varied islands and habitats and have up close encounters with incredible wildlife both on land an in the water. The wildlife of Galápagos is legendary for its uniqueness and lack
of fear, allowing you the rare experience of being treated as an equal in the wild world. Each island contains endemic species, and you’ll have the opportunity to see a panoply of Galápagos’ creatures in their native habitats. Explore under the sure guidance of an expedition leader, four handpicked naturalists, including a Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor and an undersea specialist, plus a wellness specialist. Their knowledge and passion for the islands is the key to your once-in-a-lifetime experience.
National Geographic Endeavour II
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
The National Geographic Endeavour II is a state-of-the-art expedition ship, and one of the newest additions to the National Geographic - Lindblad fleet. She is exceptionally nimble and maneuverable, with a shallow draught to get up close, great viewing from all public spaces, large windows in cabins and suites, state-of-the-art tools for exploration, and a fast, seamless twin Zodiac loading platform.This fully stabilised vessel allows for smooth passage between the islands of the Galápagos archipelago. She accommodates 96 guests in 52 outside cabins, including seven sets of connecting cabins, which are ideal for families and friends. Each cabin is outfitted with a window, private facilities, and climate controls. The ship also carries a range of expedition tools, including kayaks, Zodiac landing craft, a glass-bottom Zodiac, and snorkelling gear.
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
Six Day Tropical Andes & Colonial Quito
Before your Galapagos adventure, discover the lesser-known wonders of mainland Ecuador on this six-day adventure in the Andes. Explore Quito, a UNESCO World Heritage site, from the comfort of historic Casa Gangotena on Plaza San Francisco. See dazzling colonial churches and bustling traditional local markets. Then immerse yourself in the heart of the Ecuadorian Choc, one of the world's top five biodiversity hotspots, at Mashpi Lodge. A National Geographic Lodge of the World, Mashpi is a strikingly contemporary base on a 2,600-acre biodiversity reserve on the Pacific slope of the Andes, with resident biologists, naturalist guides, a life centre, and remarkable access to the wild rainforest. It offers extensive hiking trails, a stunning open-air tram, observation towers, and even an ingenious aerial bicycle, all designed to get you out into nature. At 3,000-feet in the Equatorial tropical forest, Mashpi is less than three hours from our arrival point, Quito, with a moderate, semi-tropical climate. A single surcharge of $1630 applies for single travellers requiring sole use of accommodation.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Endeavour II for seven nights
- One pre and one post night accommodation at Hotel Hilton Colon (or similar) in Guayaquil, Ecuador
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)