America's Columbia & Snake Rivers
DURATION:7 Days/ 6 NightsREGION:North AmericaSHIP:National Geographic Sea Lion & Sea Bird
The powerful Columbia and Snake Rivers flow through America's beautiful Pacific Northwest and offer access to fantastic wineries, places to kayak, bike or hike, and extraordinary scenery—you’ll experience it all. Hike to a towering waterfall. Taste local fruit at a family farm and enjoy views of Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams.
Follow in the footsteps of the pioneers, like Lewis & Clark, who first explored the United States' western boundaries and Pacific Coast. This seven day expedition from Portland, Oregon takes you into the heart of some of America's most beautiful - and lesser visited - national reserves, this is truly is 'big sky' country.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Sea Lion & Sea Bird
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
Both National Geographic Sea Lion and National Geographic Sea Bird are 50 metre expedition ships that comfortably accommodate 62 guests in 31 outside cabins. Both ships are identical in every way, and the feeling onboard is often compared to that of a large private yacht, with everyone integral to the adventure. Both are sturdy expedition ships, designed to sail through the narrow, fast-moving channels among the islands of Southeast Alaska and into secluded anchorages. Outfitted for exploration, they carry a fleet of expedition landing craft and kayaks for up close encounters with wildness, in addition to a Bow Cam, Splash-Cam, hydrophone, underwater video camera, video microscope, and binoculars.
Recent refurbishments have fully transformed and revitalised both National Geographic Sea Lion and Sea Bird. The extensive renovations to guest cabins, lounges and bars, dining rooms, public areas and spas has transformed both ships to provide the ultimate in expedition hospitality and comfort. Nothing has been left untouched, from the sleekly framed wall photos, to the fresh paint, and new carpets throughout.
Ask us for details as to which of these sister ships is scheduled to operate your selected expedition.
Your cruise price includes:
- 6-nights accommodation aboard National Geographic Sea Lion (or National Geographic Sea Bird)
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of expedition staff
- Meals on land, as indicated in itinerary
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as described in the itinerary
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights, pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Costs associated with obtaining passports and visas
- Gratuities for staff
- Alcoholic beverages
- Items of a personal nature (ie communications and laundry expenses)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places intended to be visited, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.