America's Columbia & Snake Rivers
DURATION:7 Days/ 6 NightsREGION:North AmericaSHIP:National Geographic Quest & Venture
The powerful Columbia and Snake Rivers flow through America's beautiful Pacific Northwest and offer access to fantastic wineries, places to kayak, bike or hike, and extraordinary scenery—you’ll experience it all. Hike to a towering waterfall. Taste local fruit at a family farm and enjoy views of Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams.
Follow in the footsteps of the pioneers, like Lewis & Clark, who first explored the United States' western boundaries and Pacific Coast. This seven day expedition from Portland, Oregon takes you into the heart of some of America's most beautiful - and lesser visited - national reserves, this is truly is 'big sky' country.
National Geographic Quest & Venture
Launched in 2017 National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture (launching 2018) are state-of-the-art, purpose-built expedition vessels made for exploring coastal waters, shallow coves and fast-moving channels where wildlife congregate while sailing with the luxury of supreme comfort. Spacious cabins, open decks for wildlife viewing, and specialty tools for exploration make these ships the ideal platform for sailing in the remote areas of Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, Costa Rica, Panama, and Belize.
Designed with decades of expedition experience in the region, these small ships more than comfortably accommodate 100 guests in 50 cabins. Twenty-two of the 50 cabins feature small balconies with floor-to-ceiling sliding doors that bring in the spectacular views and ample natural light. Twelve cabins connect via internal doorway access allowing families to combine their rooms. Plus, all category 5 suite cabins can accommodate a third person on a convertible sofa bed.
Twin expedition craft landing platforms allows rapid deployment of tenders from the ship to take advantage of wildlife sightings and to ensure time off the ship exploring is maximised. Designed with a shallow draft, National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture draw less than three metres of water, allowing them to sail into places where much larger ships cannot go.
Your cruise price includes:
- 6-nights accommodation aboard National Geographic Quest
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of expedition staff
- Meals on land, as indicated in itinerary
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as described in the itinerary
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights, pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Costs associated with obtaining passports and visas
- Gratuities for staff
- Alcoholic beverages
- Items of a personal nature (ie communications and laundry expenses)