Exploring Coastal Maine
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:North AmericaSHIP:National Geographic Sea Lion & Sea Bird
NEW FOR 2022! This 8-day expedition from Boston to Portland aboard the classic expedition ship Sea Lion uncovers the best of Coastal Maine. You'll explore a labyrinth of inlets, isles, and coves dotted with delightful villages and harbour towns. Watch for whales on the way from Cape Cod to Maine, exploring the rocky shores
by kayak, paddleboard, and zodiac. Trace history on Monhegan Island, and learn about seabird colony restoration on Eastern Egg Rock. Meet lobstermen during a traditional lobster bake on the beach, and cap off the voyage on the stunning Schoodic Peninsula. This itinerary showcases one of the most historic and scenic stretches of the US coastline like it has never been done before.
National Geographic Sea Lion & Sea Bird
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
Both National Geographic Sea Lion and National Geographic Sea Bird are 50 metre expedition ships that comfortably accommodate 62 guests in 31 outside cabins. Both ships are identical in every way, and the feeling onboard is often compared to that of a large private yacht, with everyone integral to the adventure. Both are sturdy expedition ships, designed to sail through the narrow, fast-moving channels among the islands of Southeast Alaska and into secluded anchorages. Outfitted for exploration, they carry a fleet of expedition landing craft and kayaks for up close encounters with wildness, in addition to a Bow Cam, Splash-Cam, hydrophone, underwater video camera, video microscope, and binoculars.
Recent refurbishments have fully transformed and revitalised both National Geographic Sea Lion and Sea Bird. The extensive renovations to guest cabins, lounges and bars, dining rooms, public areas and spas has transformed both ships to provide the ultimate in expedition hospitality and comfort. Nothing has been left untouched, from the sleekly framed wall photos, to the fresh paint, and new carpets throughout.
Ask us for details as to which of these sister ships is scheduled to operate your selected expedition.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Sea Lion for 7 nights
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)