Southern California to Baja
DURATION:12 Days/ 11 NightsREGION:North AmericaSHIP:National Geographic Quest & Venture
Be among the first to enjoy the stunning National Geographic Venture on this exclusive Pacific coast voyage. Experience the splendid and surprising diversity of the Pacific coast as you explore from Los Angeles to La Paz, Mexico. Witness intact wildness in Channel Islands National Park, complete with thriving endemic species, mere nautical miles from a sprawling megalopolis. Discover the region’s world-renowned food and wine, including a private lunch at a boutique vineyard in the
Valle de Guadalupe. Meet the residents of Isla Natividad, an incredibly successful coop within the Vizcaino Biosphere, and learn the inspiring story of their sustainable fishing practices. Hang out with expedition naturalist as they scour the horizon for migrating whales and nesting birds to share with you. Make images with your certified photo instructor. Enjoy daily morning stretch classes on deck and wellness treatments in Venture’s sublime spa. And count on an extraordinary experience— your entire expedition team is committed to doing whatever it takes.
National Geographic Quest & Venture
Launched in 2017 National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture (launching 2018) are state-of-the-art, purpose-built expedition vessels made for exploring coastal waters, shallow coves and fast-moving channels where wildlife congregate while sailing with the luxury of supreme comfort. Spacious cabins, open decks for wildlife viewing, and specialty tools for exploration make these ships the ideal platform for sailing in the remote areas of Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, Costa Rica, Panama, and Belize.
Designed with decades of expedition experience in the region, these small ships more than comfortably accommodate 100 guests in 50 cabins. Twenty-two of the 50 cabins feature small balconies with floor-to-ceiling sliding doors that bring in the spectacular views and ample natural light. Twelve cabins connect via internal doorway access allowing families to combine their rooms. Plus, all category 5 suite cabins can accommodate a third person on a convertible sofa bed.
Twin expedition craft landing platforms allows rapid deployment of tenders from the ship to take advantage of wildlife sightings and to ensure time off the ship exploring is maximised. Designed with a shallow draft, National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture draw less than three metres of water, allowing them to sail into places where much larger ships cannot go.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Venture for 11 nights
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages aboard the ship
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - Save 20% on nib Insurance when purchased with your expedition)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)