A Remarkable Journey to Alaska, British Columbia & Haida Gwaii
DURATION:15 Days/ 14 NightsREGION:North AmericaSHIP:National Geographic Sea Lion & Sea Bird
Embark on a 15-day adventure between Sitka, Alaska and Seattle, Washington exploring three of the most appealing wild regions in the Pacific Northwest: Alaska’s Inside Passage, coastal British Columbia, and Haida Gwaii. Sail into mist-shrouded fjords and past crashing glaciers, see brown bears and eagles flying. And in Haida
Gwaii you’ll meet artisans and experience the resonance of their cultural heritage and artwork. With special access to Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve, National Marine Conservation Area Reserve, and Haida Heritage Site, you’ll see ancient village sites, and the endemic species that make Haida Gwaii the 'Canadian Galápagos'.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Sea Lion & Sea Bird
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
Both National Geographic Sea Lion and National Geographic Sea Bird are 50 metre expedition ships that comfortably accommodate 62 guests in 31 outside cabins. Both ships are identical in every way, and the feeling onboard is often compared to that of a large private yacht, with everyone integral to the adventure. Both are sturdy expedition ships, designed to sail through the narrow, fast-moving channels among the islands of Southeast Alaska and into secluded anchorages. Outfitted for exploration, they carry a fleet of expedition landing craft and kayaks for up close encounters with wildness, in addition to a Bow Cam, Splash-Cam, hydrophone, underwater video camera, video microscope, and binoculars.
Recent refurbishments have fully transformed and revitalised both National Geographic Sea Lion and Sea Bird. The extensive renovations to guest cabins, lounges and bars, dining rooms, public areas and spas has transformed both ships to provide the ultimate in expedition hospitality and comfort. Nothing has been left untouched, from the sleekly framed wall photos, to the fresh paint, and new carpets throughout.
Ask us for details as to which of these sister ships is scheduled to operate your selected expedition.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Sea Lion or Sea Bird for 14 nights
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places intended to be visited, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.