Baja California and the Sea of Cortez: Among the Great Whales
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:North AmericaSHIP:National Geographic Quest & Venture
This expedition offers the rare privilege of entering the California grey whale birthing lagoons in search of up close encounters. Exploring Mexico's Baja California on an expedition is an unrivaled experience, and your guarantee of an in-depth encounter with its whales and wilderness. You’ll be able to hike through
forests of towering cacti and up striking desert canyons. You’ll take expedition landing craft along the shore to see and shoot photos of plunge-diving pelicans and blue-footed boobies. The state-of-the-art 100-guest expedition ship National Geographic Venture is fully equipped for this exploration.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Quest & Venture
Launched in 2017 National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture (launching 2018) are state-of-the-art, purpose-built expedition vessels made for exploring coastal waters, shallow coves and fast-moving channels where wildlife congregate while sailing with the luxury of supreme comfort. Spacious cabins, open decks for wildlife viewing, and specialty tools for exploration make these ships the ideal platform for sailing in the remote areas of Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, Costa Rica, Panama, and Belize.
Designed with decades of expedition experience in the region, these small ships more than comfortably accommodate 100 guests in 50 cabins. Twenty-two of the 50 cabins feature small balconies with floor-to-ceiling sliding doors that bring in the spectacular views and ample natural light. Twelve cabins connect via internal doorway access allowing families to combine their rooms. Plus, all category 5 suite cabins can accommodate a third person on a convertible sofa bed.
Twin expedition craft landing platforms allows rapid deployment of tenders from the ship to take advantage of wildlife sightings and to ensure time off the ship exploring is maximised. Designed with a shallow draft, National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture draw less than three metres of water, allowing them to sail into places where much larger ships cannot go.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Venture for 8 nights
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages aboard the ship
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
- 1 night accommodation pre-cruise at CostaBaja Resort & Spa, including dinner and breakfast
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - Save 20%)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places intended to be visited, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship. Some departures operate to a different itinerary, enquire for details.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.