Art of Kimberley & Tiwi: Special Edition
DURATION:11 Days/ 10 NightsREGION:The KimberleySHIP:Coral Adventurer
Board Coral Adventurer for a special expedition that combines the old and the new – explorations of ancient rock art sites dating back 40,000 years, connections with traditional elders on country and visits with some of the vibrant art and cultural communities of the region. The ten day expedition will be led by an experienced team who will help guests discover and interpret the well-preserved rock art hidden in natural galleries amongst islands and escarpments. Travel deep into the King George and Berkeley River systems to witness a landscape carved by the powerful forces of tides and annual monsoon rains. Set sail across the Joseph Bonaparte Gulf to discover the rich modern culture of the
Tiwi Islands by visiting a local co-operative gallery at Munupi Arts Centre where guests can purchase art at the source, participate in craft workshops and view performances. We invite you to join us this September on a brand-new, one-off voyage aboard Coral Adventurer departing September 2022.
Special Guest Lecturer and renowned Torres Strait artist Brian Robinson with be joining this expedition, with his knowledge and expertise enriching the journey through onboard art workshops and on-site interpretation along the way.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Considered the 'world's most technologically-advanced tropical expedition ship', the latest addition to the Coral Expeditions fleet accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. Care has been taken with the design of the ship to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She is Australian flagged and crewed and conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Adventurer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the Kimberley region, Cape York and Arnhem Land (The Top of Australia), Papua New Guinea, the Spice Islands, Indonesia and the South Pacific.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade aboard the new Coral Adventurer
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel and zodiacs
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Optional Mitchell Falls helicopter flight (payable on board)
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
Single travellers are accommodated in Coral and Promenade deck staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% supplement.