Sacred Kimberley (Darwin to Broome)
DURATION:11 Days/ 10 NightsREGION:The KimberleySHIP:Coral Discoverer
The region known simply as The Kimberley takes its evocative name from its most imposing landmark; an ancient mountain range visible from the rugged sea coast. Covering more than 400,000 square kilometres (an area three times larger than England) in North West Australia, yet home to just 30,000 people, it is a place universally acknowledged as one of the world’s last - and possibly most beautiful - wilderness areas. And, Kimberley cruises are the best way to discover it all!
It is a place of magnificent vistas created by towering rock ridges, silent secluded gorges, wide savannah plains and plunging waterfalls which defy both nature and belief. This is a land steeped in ancient Aboriginal culture and adorned with the world’s oldest known indigenous art, the mysterious Bradshaw (Gwion Gwion) paintings. Experience the heartland of Australia’s northernmost unspoilt outback. Kimberley Cruising is a completely unique experience.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
The state-of-the-art Coral Discoverer is the grand vision of Coral Expeditions, the pioneers in Kimberley cruises along with expedition and adventure cruises around Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, South-east Asia and the island archipelagos of Melanesia. Coral Discoverer is equipped with latest technology active stabilisers to ensure comfortable cruising in open waters and is fitted with state-of-the-art safety and navigation equipment and wireless internet facilities.
Coral Discoverer was built to the exacting international SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) standards and specifications by NQEA shipyard in Cairns, Australia with one aim in mind; to create the ultimate small ship cruising experience in the South Pacific. Following a major modernisation and refurbishment in December 2016, Coral Discoverer has enhanced its reputation as one of the leading expedition ships operating in Australia and the Pacific. Australian flagged, and staffed entirely by an Australian and New Zealand crew, your cruise aboard Coral Discoverer will remain in your memory for a lifetime.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel and zodiacs
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
- Native Title Fees
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Optional Mitchell Falls helicopter flight (payable on board)
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
Single travellers are accommodated in Promenade Deck (Category B) Staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% supplement.