The Ghan & Coral Adventurer's Kimberley
DURATION:16 Days/ 15 NightsREGION:The KimberleySHIP:Coral Adventurer
Join us for an epic Australian outback journey. Your holiday commences in Adelaide when you board the legendary Ghan for a two night crossing through the red-centre of Australia to Darwin, enjoying Gold Class service. Then, enjoy three nights soaking up the sights of the Top End in Darwin before it's time to embark the Coral Adventurer for ten nights cruising the Kimberley Coast to Broome. Experience all of
the highlights of this magnificent coastline, including King George and Mitchell Falls, King Cascades, Montgomery Reef, Horizontal Falls, Aboriginal rock art and much more. You will travel in the company of an outstanding team of expedition leaders and lecturers, while enjoying stylish on board amenities and outstanding dining. This is sure to be a holiday to remember!
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Considered the 'world's most technologically-advanced tropical expedition ship', the latest addition to the Coral Expeditions fleet accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. Care has been taken with the design of the ship to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She is Australian flagged and crewed and conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Adventurer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the Kimberley region, Cape York and Arnhem Land (The Top of Australia), Papua New Guinea, the Spice Islands, Indonesia and the South Pacific.
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
Upgrade to Gold Superior aboard the Ghan
A Superior Cabin in Gold Service is a unique way to travel. You'll enjoy private accommodation together with all-inclusive dining, beverages and a range of fascinating off-train excursions. Gold Superior cabins feature a ¾ size double bed plus an additional fold down upper berth, lounge area, TV and DVD player, mini-bar and en suite. *Upgrade price based on Advance Purchase fare difference.
Upgrade to Platinum Class aboard the Ghan
Stylishly appointed, spacious Platinum suites are complemented by discreet, personalised service and world-class food and wine making this a very special travel experience. Platinum guests enjoy premium extras like a full-size en suite, expansive window views from both sides of the train, and exclusive use of the Platinum Club carriage. Spacious Double or Twin cabin almost twice the size of a Gold Service Twin cabin.
Ethical Adventures Litchfield National Park Day Tour
Begin your small group Litchfield day tour from your Darwin hotel around 7:30 AM, journeying south to the crystal clear waters of Berry Springs. Join us for a relaxing geothermal massage at Berry Springs first thing in the morning whilst enjoying homemade mango muffins and morning coffee. Afterwards, paddle around and watch the many fish, sit casually under the waterfall or go for a serene rainforest stroll along the creek. From this piece of heaven we set our sights on the historic township of Batchelor, the gateway to Litchfield National Park. Along the way get to know the landscape and history of the Top End as your local guide lets you in on the past and present before arriving at Batchelor Town. In Batchelor we take the time to enjoy the local Batchelor museum. This community run feature showcases many personal stories of the people and events which shaped the NT whilst also offering an exclusive venue option for our Wild Barramundi BBQ. After lunch we are exploring Litchfield National Park. Cascading waterfalls, crystal clear swimming spots, grand viewpoints, endemic plants and animals and much more … Enjoy the relaxed pace as your guide tailors the afternoon to suit you. Return to your Darwin hotel at approximately 6:30 PM.
Ethical Adventures 2-day 'Colours of Kakadu'
The ultimate Top End tour to Kakadu National Park, ‘Colours of Kakadu’ is a premium, all-inclusive overnight small group tour hosted by engaging local guides. Focusing on Aboriginal people, art and environmental interaction. Includes overnight accommodation in Kakadu and personalised touring including cruises and scenic flights. A maximum group size of just six guests (operates with a minimum of two travellers) ensures an unforgettable Kakadu experience.
Your cruise price includes:
- Two nights Gold Class (Twin) service aboard The Ghan, Adelaide to Darwin
- All meals, selected beverages and included touring aboard The Ghan
- Transfer from Berrimah Rail Station in Darwin to your included Darwin hotel
- Three nights accommodation at the Mantra on the Esplanade (Darwin) or similar - room only
- Ten nights accommodation in selected room grade aboard the new Coral Adventurer
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel and zodiacs
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Some optional excursions aboard The Ghan
- Optional Mitchell Falls helicopter flight (payable on board)
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Please note that fares are based on The Ghan Gold Class Advance Purchase Fares. These fares must be booked and paid in full at least six months prior to the rail journey commencement date. For bookings within six months of travel please enquire for pricing.