Definitive Kimberley (Broome to Darwin)
DURATION:11 Days/ 10 NightsREGION:The KimberleySHIP:Coral Geographer
From 2021, cruise the Kimberley coast aboard the new, state-of-the-art expedition ship Coral Geographer. Covering more than 400,000 square kilometres (an area three times larger than England) in North West Australia, yet it home to just 30,000 people, the Kimberley is a place universally acknowledged as one of the world’s last - and possibly most beautiful - wilderness areas. And, Kimberley cruises are the best way to discover it all!
The Kimberley is a place of magnificent vistas created by towering rock ridges, silent secluded gorges, wide savannah plains and plunging waterfalls which defy both nature and belief. This is a land steeped in ancient Aboriginal culture and adorned with the world’s oldest known indigenous art, the mysterious Bradshaw (Gwion Gwion) paintings. Experience the heartland of Australia’s northernmost unspoilt outback. Kimberley Cruising is a completely unique experience.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Launches December 2020
Scheduled to join the Coral Expeditions fleet in December 2020, Coral Geographer will accommodate a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. A sister-ship to the new Coral Adventurer (launched 2019), care has been taken with the design of Coral Geographer to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Geographer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the waters of Australasia, South East Asia and the Indian and Pacific oceans.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade aboard the new Coral Geographer
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel and zodiacs
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Optional Mitchell Falls helicopter flight (payable on board)
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 25% on SureSave insurance when purchased with your expedition)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
TAKE 10% OFF THESE PRICES WHEN YOU BOOK BEFORE 01 APRIL 2020.
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
Single travellers are accommodated in Coral and Promenade deck staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% supplement.