DURATION:11 Days/ 10 NightsREGION:EuropeSHIP:Greg Mortimer
This 11-day expedition from Oban to Aberdeen aboard the new Greg Mortimer showcases the wild side of Scotland! From the Hebrides in the west, to inhospitable windswept specks of land like St Kilda and Foula, and to the Orkney and Shetland islands in the north, explore the intriguing diversity of Scotland’s wild islands. Take in Neolithic
sites scarcely changed in 5,000 years, and ponder the mystery of huge monoliths that marked seasonal change. Visit picturesque villages, haunted castles that once were stronghold of the Scottish clans; birders will delight in Europe’s largest sea bird colonies and the Orkney Islands will please whiskey connoisseurs.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Aurora Expeditions
Proudly named after Aurora Expeditions' adventurous co-founder, the 104-metre Greg Mortimer ship is their very first, purpose-built expedition vessel. Capable of negotiating the strongest winds and waves, the Greg Mortimer is built to world-class Polar Code 6 standards and was designed in close consultation with expedition specialists, taking advantage of more than 25 years of experience.
The Greg Mortimer accommodates 160 travellers on board, which is limited to just 120 in the polar regions. Not only is the ship bigger to contend with adverse weather conditions, its added creature comforts make for a more enjoyable journey out on the open ocean. The Greg Mortimer remains true to Aurora Expeditions' ethos and focus on multiple landings, flexible itineraries and family atmosphere – just with an improved home base!
Expeditions to the polar regions can face some of the worst Mother Nature can throw at us. However, this won't be problem on the Greg Mortimer with the introduction of the patented X-BOW™, created by Norwegian ship designer ULSTEIN. As one of the leaders in marine engineering, ULSTEIN's X-BOW™ is an inverted bow concept that's designed to alleviate challenging open ocean waves!
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
Kayaking in the far-flung corners of the world is an experience guaranteed to refresh your soul. Paddle in small groups amongst some of Scotland's wildest and most picturesque coastal scenery. Numbers are limited, this option must be pre-booked.
Your cruise price includes:
- 10-nights accommodation during the voyage aboard the new Greg Mortimer
- All meals, snacks, tea and coffee during the voyage
- All shore excursions and Zodiac (inflatable boat) cruises
- Educational lectures and guiding services provided by the expert team
- Access to on board doctor and basic medical services
- Complimentary custom-designed polar expedition jacket
- Loan of gumboots during the voyage
- Daily cabin service
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and briefings
- Professionally-produced hard back voyage log
- Medical services on board
- Port taxes and charges
- All entry fees to historic landings sites
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights, pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Transfers to and from the ship
- Travel insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Optional excursions not included in the voyage itinerary
- Optional activity surcharge. Please contact us if you wish to book any optional activities, such as sea kayaking
- Items of a personal nature (ie bar expenses, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, laundry services, gratuities, and communications expenses)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
Please note that this itinerary visits parts of Scotland where variable weather conditions are common and not all landings are guaranteed.
Single occupancy is 1.7 times the twin share price. No single travel fees apply if you are willing to share your cabin (twin and triple cabins only).