Cradles of the Mediterranean
DURATION:9 Days/ 8 NightsREGION:EuropeSHIP:SH Diana
Embark on a captivating voyage through time on this 9-day Highlights of Ancient Greece cruise. Minoans, Ancient Greeks, Carthaginians, Romans, Venetians, Turks have all laid claim to these lands leaving behind a rich legacy of history and architecture. Aboard the small 5-star cultural cruising ship SH Diana, you’ll begin your historical journey in the vibrant, multicultural city of Palermo in Sicily and discover some of the best-preserved Ancient Greek ruins in the world outside of
Greece. From there, you'll explore part of the Peloponnese region of southern Greece and learn more about the birthplace of the Olympic Games in Olympia. You will finally conclude your voyage at the Acropolis in Athens, the most famous Ancient Greek remains in the world. SH Diana was launched in 2023 and is the ideal small ship to discover the magnificent history of Europe. You'll join no more than 190 other travellers, expertly looked after by a crew of 140.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Swan Hellenic
Arriving in early 2023, SH Diana will be the largest ship in the Swan Hellenic fleet, providing elegant and spacious 5-star accommodation for 192 guests in 96 spacious staterooms and suites, the vast majority with large balconies. Operated by an onboard team of 140 she will provide the highest levels of personal service and take Swan Hellenic back to its roots when she launches, exploring the Mediterranean and its famous sites of antiquity.
Named after the Ancient Roman goddess of light, the moon, hunting and the wilderness, SH Diana been specially designed for worldwide cruising to explore the most inspiring and inaccessible places on earth. Building on the outstanding amenities of her sister ships, she adds a dedicated Multifunctional Room next to the Observation Lounge, a Private Dining Room for special occasions, and two tenders which bring guests a comfortable alternative to Zodiacs for expedition landings. A Polar Class 6 ice-strengthened hull combines with extra-large stabilisers to make your journey as comfortable as possible.
SH Diana’s 96 staterooms , including 11 suites, are each a superbly comfortable home from home and all feature panoramic sea views, a flame-effect fireplace, original works of art, plush couches, premium pocket sprung mattresses, en-suite bathrooms with glass-enclosed rain showers, and Egyptian cotton towels, bathrobes and sheets. A pillow menu offers customised head and neck comfort during rest, while a large flat screen TV, espresso machine with Illy premium coffee, tea making facilities with the finest Kusmi teas, and a minibar with refreshments enhance relaxation at any time. In-room dining is of course available at all hours.
Your cruise price includes:
- Group return transfers from the airport to the cruise port (via our included accommodation where applicable)
- Accommodation in selected cabin type onboard
- All meals onboard
- 24-hour room service
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks and selected alcoholic beverages available 24-hours per day
- Lecture programmes by our experienced expedition team and guest speakers
- Standard WiFi
- Onboard gratuities and port taxes
- One selected shore excursion/expedition activity per port of call.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- Gratuities at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The final itinerary will be determined by the Expedition Leader on board. Flexibility is paramount for expedition cruises.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Swan Hellenic's terms and conditions.
A single supplement of 25% applies for sole use of selected cabins. Limited numbers apply. Enquire for details.