Tasmania's Bass Strait Islands
DURATION:14 Days/ 13 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Geographer
Join the state-of-the-art 120 passenger Coral Geographer for a pioneering new expedition exploring the outlying and rugged island groups of Tasmania’s east coast and the Bass Strait.
Over 14 days travel ashore to pristine silica shores, trek amongst tall eucalyptus forests and take in the sweeping ocean vistas from atop granite peaks. On this maiden expedition, you will visit wild coastlines forged by wind and ocean – true Australian outposts steeped in rich natural, Indigenous and colonial history.
Your cruise will take in the wilderness regions of the Flinders and Kent Islands in the Furneaux Group, and the unique Australian wildlife at Maria Island. These are lands whose only permanent inhabitants include Bennett’s wallabies, wombats, and pademelons. Active guests will enjoy a variety of day hiking options including the Fluted Cape walk, Bishop and Clerk, and spectacular Cape Hauy; part of the renowned Three Capes track.
View the spectacular formations of the Tasmanian Coastline including the Friars, the Monument, and Cape Pillar from the vantage point aboard our small ship. Experience the unique sights and sounds of sub-Antarctic Australia – an Australian fur seal colony’s rocky haul-out, the rasping call of Cape Barren geese, the majestic sight of a soaring albatross.
Before concluding in Melbourne, the voyage will culminate with two days enjoying King Island, famed for its cheese, dairy and beef. Special events along the way will include a visit to the award-winning Bangor Vineyard Shed for a gala dinner experience overlooking the Bangor vineyard and picturesque Blackmans Bay, and a long lunch enjoying the Tastes of King Island.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Launched March 2021
Coral Geographer accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. A sister-ship to the new Coral Adventurer (launched 2019), care has been taken with the design of Coral Geographer to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Geographer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the waters of Australasia, South East Asia and the Indian and Pacific oceans.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected stateroom grade for 13 nights
- All meals
- House beer and Australian table wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs and kayaks
- Touring as described in the itinerary
- Entrance fees as described
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Coral Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected stateroom grades with a 50% surcharge applied. Enquire for details.