Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race Special
DURATION:7 Days/ 6 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Discoverer
Embarking at Palm Beach, Broken Bay on December 26th, soak up the excitement at the start of the race from Coral Discoverer’s vantage point off Sydney’s North Head. Watch the fleet sail past as you hear expert commentary from expert lecturer, John Longley AM, a celebrated veteran of five America’s Cup campaigns. Then, sail the south coast and Bass Strait with the trailing fleet. Once across the Strait enjoy the scenic rugged Tasmanian coast with the opportunity to join the expedition team on a number of guided shore excursions to Tasmania’s Parks.
Onboard Coral Discoverer, there are no queues, long waits or assigned seating. At mealtimes, you will enjoy an outstanding menu of Tasmanian produce.
Scheduled to arrive in Hobart on New Year’s Eve, join the festivities of race presentations and the week-long Taste of Tasmania festival. Return to Coral Discoverer for Captain’s Farewell and New Year’s Eve celebrations before disembarking on the 1st January at Macquarie Wharf 2.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
The state-of-the-art Coral Discoverer is the grand vision of Coral Expeditions, the pioneers in Kimberley cruises along with expedition and adventure cruises around Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, South-east Asia and the island archipelagos of Melanesia. Coral Discoverer is equipped with latest technology active stabilisers to ensure comfortable cruising in open waters and is fitted with state-of-the-art safety and navigation equipment and wireless internet facilities.
Coral Discoverer was built to the exacting international SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) standards and specifications by NQEA shipyard in Cairns, Australia with one aim in mind; to create the ultimate small ship cruising experience in the South Pacific. Following a major modernisation and refurbishment in December 2016, Coral Discoverer has enhanced its reputation as one of the leading expedition ships operating in Australia and the Pacific. Australian flagged, and staffed entirely by an Australian and New Zealand crew, your cruise aboard Coral Discoverer will remain in your memory for a lifetime.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for the number of nights as listed in each itinerary
- Pre-cruise transfer from central Sydney to Coral Discoverer.
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs and kayaks
- Touring as described in the itinerary
- Entrance fees as described
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Taste of Tasmania festival expenses
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expeditiom)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel. Note: Due to speed differences, the ship will be unable to "keep up" with race leaders after the initial race start.
Single travellers are accommodated in Promenade Deck (category B) Staterooms at the published single rate. All other room grades require payment of a 100% single supplement.