Revitalise on the Reef
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Discoverer
NEW FOR 2021! Set sail to discover the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef and embark on a journey of personal wellness that will leave you refreshed and revitalised. Aboard the expedition ship Coral Discoverer, a specially developed program draws on the latest wellness practices and incorporates connections with culture and the natural environment to provide an enriching and immersive wellness experience.
Morning yoga classes at remote beachside locations, evening relaxation sessions and workshops on fitness and nutrition will help you achieve a feeling of space, freedom and mindfulness. With our wellness expert Kris Abbey and yoga and meditation practitioners Wendy Jones and Sue Pope from Soul Sisters, you’ll enjoy a customized wellness program against the backdrop of extraordinary marine life, World Heritage-listed rainforest and Indigenous cultural heritage.
Discover little-visited reefs and islands of the Great Barrier Reef while enjoying soul-nourishing cuisine. Relax and reconnect with nature while creating lifelong memories. Explore our underwater wonders with guided snorkelling and diving over remote outer coral reefs and share active walks on rainforest paths and isolated island outposts. At Cooktown, make unique connections with Indigenous culture and awake each day surrounded by the seabirds and rhythm of the Coral Sea.
After your cruise, a personalised 4-week program is included, led by Kris Abbey, which will guide you through applying what you’ve learned on your wellness cruise into your day-to-day lifestyle.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
The state-of-the-art Coral Discoverer is the grand vision of Coral Expeditions, the pioneers in Kimberley cruises along with expedition and adventure cruises around Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, South-east Asia and the island archipelagos of Melanesia. Coral Discoverer is equipped with latest technology active stabilisers to ensure comfortable cruising in open waters and is fitted with state-of-the-art safety and navigation equipment and wireless internet facilities.
Coral Discoverer was built to the exacting international SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) standards and specifications by NQEA shipyard in Cairns, Australia with one aim in mind; to create the ultimate small ship cruising experience in the South Pacific. Following a major modernisation and refurbishment in December 2016, Coral Discoverer has enhanced its reputation as one of the leading expedition ships operating in Australia and the Pacific. Australian flagged, and staffed entirely by an Australian and New Zealand crew, your cruise aboard Coral Discoverer will remain in your memory for a lifetime.
Your cruise price includes:
- Expedition Voyage aboard Coral Discoverer
- Snorkelling & scuba equipment
- Expert Expedition Team, including a Great Barrier Reef expert Marine Biologist
- Services of a team of wellness practitioners, with included workshops, classes and demonstrations
- Daily guided excursions on the Xplorer and Zodiac tender vessels, and kayaks where conditions allow
- All meals, chef-prepared on board
- Showcase wines, selected beers and soft drinks with lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour coffee and selection of teas
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Events, and Open Bridge Access with the Captain
- Comprehensive and fully guided sightseeing in each destination
- All entrance fees to National Parks and Ports
What’s not included:
- Travel insurance
- Scuba diving rates
- Alcoholic drinks including beer and wine outside of lunch and dinner service
- Internet services (available at a cost)
- Laundry service (available at a cost)
- Australian entry visas or travel permits
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted) laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Tipping not required:
Other cruise lines automatically add gratuities to your account and service charges to your bar invoices. On Coral Discoverer, our crew has no other agenda than your delight.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
Note: *Tours of the Lizard Island Research Station are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed due to operational considerations.
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations we visit and activities on offer. Throughout the expedition, we may make changes to the itinerary as necessary to maximise your expeditionary experience. Allowances may be made for seasonal variations, weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Coral Expeditions' terms and conditions.