DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Discoverer
This 7-night coastal expedition cruise from Hobart is an active adventure showcasing the wild beauty and remarkable heritage of Australia’s island state, Tasmania, all in style and comfort aboard the Coral Discoverer. Take advantage of the long summer daylight hours in Tasmania and join bushwalks in national parks and World Heritage Areas, led by a renowned Expedition Team and a special guest Parks and Wildlife Ranger. Join an optional hike of the start of the famed South
Coast Track at Cockle Bay, the rugged Fluted Cape of Bruny Island or the early morning scenic Wineglass Bay lookout in Freycinet National Park. Spend two days exploring the untouched Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area at Port Davey and Bathurst Harbour. Normally only accessible by seven-day hike or light aircraft, this region is undoubtedly one of the most pristine and beautiful landscapes on earth.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
The state-of-the-art Coral Discoverer is the grand vision of Coral Expeditions, the pioneers in Kimberley cruises along with expedition and adventure cruises around Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, South-east Asia and the island archipelagos of Melanesia. Coral Discoverer is equipped with latest technology active stabilisers to ensure comfortable cruising in open waters and is fitted with state-of-the-art safety and navigation equipment and wireless internet facilities.
Coral Discoverer was built to the exacting international SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) standards and specifications by NQEA shipyard in Cairns, Australia with one aim in mind; to create the ultimate small ship cruising experience in the South Pacific. Following a major modernisation and refurbishment in December 2016, Coral Discoverer has enhanced its reputation as one of the leading expedition ships operating in Australia and the Pacific. Australian flagged, and staffed entirely by an Australian and New Zealand crew, your cruise aboard Coral Discoverer will remain in your memory for a lifetime.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for seven nights
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs and kayaks
- Touring as described in the itinerary
- Entrance fees as described
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel. Note: access to Bathurst Harbour region is dependent on sea and whether conditions and cannot be guaranteed.
Single travellers are accommodated in Promenade Deck (category B) Staterooms at the single rate. All other room grades require payment of a 100% single supplement.