Papua New Guinea Frontier Lands
DURATION:13 Days/ 12 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Adventurer
Discover Papua New Guinea, one of the world’s last great frontiers. Experience magical and rarely visited islands aboard Coral Adventurer and enjoy a voyage rich in culture, history and natural beauty. Papua New Guinea is home to the largest area of intact rainforest outside of the Amazon and guests will discover magnificent scenery ranging from colourful coral atolls to volcanic mountains,
pristine wilderness areas and mighty rivers. The country’s secret forests nurture over 3,000 varieties of strikingly coloured orchids. There are 700 species of birds and the country is best known for its brilliantly coloured birds of paradise. This is the land of the unexpected, a place of stark contrasts where fearsome frowns quickly become welcoming smiles.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Considered the 'world's most technologically-advanced tropical expedition ship', Coral Adventurer accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. Care has been taken with the design of the ship to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She is Australian flagged and crewed and conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Adventurer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the Kimberley region, Cape York and Arnhem Land (The Top of Australia), Papua New Guinea, the Spice Islands, Indonesia and the South Pacific.
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
Charter Flight Cairns to Madang
Cairns to Madang. $850 per person. This will be a direct flight from Cairns, with no stopover in Port Moresby, with a Coral Expeditions staff member to accompany guests. Limited seats available, call for more information.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected stateroom grade for 12 nights
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Included access to standard Wi-Fi aboard the ship - premium package available for purchase.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Optional charter flight from Cairns to Madang
- Entry visas / travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases]
- Tipping is not required aboard Coral Adventurer.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations we visit and activities on offer. Throughout the expedition we may make changes to the itinerary as necessary to maximise your expeditionary experience. Allowances may be made for seasonal variations, weather, tidal conditions, and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel. Coral Expeditions suggests that you do not arrive on the day of embarkation or depart on the day of disembarkation due to any changes that may occur in scheduling.
Single travellers are accommodated in Coral & Promenade Deck Staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% supplement.