Great Barrier Reef aboard Coral Discoverer
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Discoverer
New for 2020, this 7-night Outerknown Adventures on the Great Barrier Reef expedition aboard the stylish Coral Discoverer focuses on the lesser-seen outer reefs and islands of the northern region of the Reef. Guests from across the globe will enjoy an authentic and immersive experience like no other available on the reef. New destinations featured on this expedition include the Daintree Rainforest and Daintree River, Hope Island, Escape Reef and remote Osprey Reef. Described by Sir David Attenborough as ‘an oasis for living creatures of all kind’, Osprey Reef lies
beyond the continental shelf and is an isolated seamount rising 2,000 metres above the seabed within the outer limits of the Coral Sea Marine Park. On all depaftures, expeditioners will share encounters with iconic species of the Great Barrier Reef including snorkelling with sea turtles, finding Nemo nestled amongst the coral gardens and sighting rare seabirds on remote outposts of the reef. Seasonal humpback whale migrations and coral spawning events promise more inspiring moments in nature across the year.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
The state-of-the-art Coral Discoverer is the grand vision of Coral Expeditions, the pioneers in Kimberley cruises along with expedition and adventure cruises around Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, South-east Asia and the island archipelagos of Melanesia. Coral Discoverer is equipped with latest technology active stabilisers to ensure comfortable cruising in open waters and is fitted with state-of-the-art safety and navigation equipment and wireless internet facilities.
Coral Discoverer was built to the exacting international SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) standards and specifications by NQEA shipyard in Cairns, Australia with one aim in mind; to create the ultimate small ship cruising experience in the South Pacific. Following a major modernisation and refurbishment in December 2016, Coral Discoverer has enhanced its reputation as one of the leading expedition ships operating in Australia and the Pacific. Australian flagged, and staffed entirely by an Australian and New Zealand crew, your cruise aboard Coral Discoverer will remain in your memory for a lifetime.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for the number of nights as listed in each itinerary
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
SPECIAL OFFER: Book your 2020 Great Barrier Reef cruise aboard Coral Discoverer and receive the following booking bonuses:
- A $500 per person travel credit
- 1-night accommodation and breakfast in Cairns before your cruise
- Complimentary deposit protection for flexibility with your travel date.
- Single travellers pay no single supplement!
Note: *Tours of the Lizard Island Research Station are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed due to operational considerations.
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations we visit and activities on offer. Throughout the expedition, we may make changes to the itinerary as necessary to maximise your expeditionary experience. Allowances may be made for seasonal variations, weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Coral Expeditions' terms and conditions.