Cape York & Arnhem Land - Art Themed
DURATION:12 Days/ 11 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Discoverer
This Across the Top of Australia expedition is a fascinating voyage combining the very best of Australia’s northern coastline, exploring the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef, the ‘Tip of Australia’ at Cape York, the Arnhem Land Coast and the rarely visited Tiwi Islands. Venture ashore to meet fabulous artisans in some of the most remote villages in Australia. Some have their paintings exhibited in the famous galleries of the world, including the Louvre in Paris.
Savour a glass of champagne as the sun sets over the northern ‘Tip of Australia’ on the Cape York Peninsula and discover the interesting World War II history of the Torres Strait Islands. Swim and snorkel in the clear tropical waters of the northern Great Barrier Reef and tour the fascinating Lizard Island Research Station to learn how scientists are preserving the reef for future generations. Join this incredible adventure and experience the very best that Australia’s far north has to offer.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
The state-of-the-art Coral Discoverer is the grand vision of Coral Expeditions, the pioneers in Kimberley cruises along with expedition and adventure cruises around Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, South-east Asia and the island archipelagos of Melanesia. Coral Discoverer is equipped with latest technology active stabilisers to ensure comfortable cruising in open waters and is fitted with state-of-the-art safety and navigation equipment and wireless internet facilities.
Coral Discoverer was built to the exacting international SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) standards and specifications by NQEA shipyard in Cairns, Australia with one aim in mind; to create the ultimate small ship cruising experience in the South Pacific. Following a major modernisation and refurbishment in December 2016, Coral Discoverer has enhanced its reputation as one of the leading expedition ships operating in Australia and the Pacific. Australian flagged, and staffed entirely by an Australian and New Zealand crew, your cruise aboard Coral Discoverer will remain in your memory for a lifetime.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for the number of nights as listed in each itinerary
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
- Included access to standard Wi-Fi aboard the ship - premium package available for purchase.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
Single travellers are accommodated in Promenade Deck (Category B) Staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% supplement.