India's City of Light - Patna to Varanasi
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:AsiaSHIP:Rajmahal
Aboard the specially-designed river ship Rajmahal, join a one-week cruise from Patna to the Holy Grail of the Ganges, the sacred city of Varanasi; City of Light. Operating only in periods of high water, when India is at its most lush and attractive, this cruise explores untouched villages and towns of rural India. You will have two days of sightseeing in Varanasi itself amongst many highlights including Chunar
Fort, historic Buxar, the Maharaja's Palace and a Ganga Aarti ceremony. And, you will discover India's vibrant customs and colourful history aboard a stylishly-appointed river ship. At the end of each day retreat from the hustle and bustle to your own private cabin, a true 'home away from home'.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Assam Bengal Navigation
The Rajmahal entered service on the Hugli and the Ganges rivers in 2014. Built in Kolkata, she is 51 metres long and is powered by three engines. Her extra-shallow draught and a lower profile than conventional designs allow her to cruise further upstream than most other ships of her size operating on India's rivers. Rajmahal has a total of just 22 cabins: 14 spacious twin/double cabins on the upper deck; 4 twin/double cabins on the main deck; and 4 single cabins also on the Main Deck. The ship's décor is stylish and fresh with touches of colonial elegance, brought to life by traditional Indian-inspired designs on hand-blocked cotton fabrics. All cabins on Rajmahal feature French balconies. Facilities include a comfortable saloon and bar, dining room and a vast canopied sundeck with bar. A small spa onboard offers a wide range of treatments. All cabins and public rooms are air-conditioned.
Your cruise price includes:
- 7 nights accommodation in selected room grade
- All meals on board
- Touring and excursions as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Transfer from Patna airport or railway station to ship
- Transfer from ship to Varanasi railway station or airport
- 9% Indian Service Tax
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Indian entry visas / travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges, laundry charges and souvenir purchases
- Camera charges
- All prices quoted are subject to 5% Indian GST (tax is subject to change)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in USD
Also operates in reverse direction, Varanasi to Patna. Enquire for departure dates and prices.
While every effort will be made to maintain the published itinerary, in view of fluctuating river conditions and navigational or mechanical difficulties, all schedules and itineraries are subject to change without notice.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Assam Bengal Navigation's terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in Single Cabins at the published rate.