Through Japan's Ryuku Islands
DURATION:17 Days/ 16 NightsREGION:AsiaSHIP:Coral Adventurer
Set sail from Fukuoka and begin your journey in Nagasaki to learn of the region’s wartime history, study internationally influenced architecture and explore traditional shrines and temples. Venture deep into the remote Okinawan Islands to encounter lifestyles of those who make their living by the sea, including at the fishing village of the Suwanosejima. Learn of ancient mythical legends tied to Okinoerabujima and discover the pristine marine ecosystems of the Kerama Islands.
Walk amongst towering cedars in the ancient woodland of Yakujima, kayak through the undeveloped forested scenery of Iriomote Island and look on in awe of the strombolian eruption of passing volcanic landscapes. Bear witness to traditional island lifestyles as you make your way through a region seldom visited by Western travellers. Your expedition is aboard the stylish Coral Adventurer, limited to no more than 120 travellers and accompanied by an expert expedition team.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Considered the 'world's most technologically-advanced tropical expedition ship', Coral Adventurer accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. Care has been taken with the design of the ship to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She is Australian flagged and crewed and conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Adventurer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the Kimberley region, Cape York and Arnhem Land (The Top of Australia), Papua New Guinea, the Spice Islands, Indonesia and the South Pacific.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for 16 nights
- All meals aboard Coral Adventurer
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Included access to standard Wi-Fi aboard the ship - premium package available for purchase.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas / travel permits / passport fees
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - Save 20% off nib Insurance when purchased with your cruise)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
- Tipping is not required aboard Coral Adventurer.