Whalesharks, Corals & Dragons from Flores
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:AsiaSHIP:Ombak Putih
Immerse yourself in the Komodo National Park and Indonesia’s Lesser Sunda Islands from an intimate perspective, cruising through a panorama of islands and encountering new wonders on a daily basis. This adventurous, 8-day inclusive voyage of discovery aboard the 24-passenger Ombak Putih offers a cross-section of remote beaches, quiet coastal villages, jungle-clad mountain ranges, towering
volcanoes, rivers, waterfalls, tribal rituals, a mysterious lake, and the legendary Komodo Dragons. As always, there will be ample opportunity to snorkel and view the kaleidoscopic beauty of the underwater world. Unlimited use of the stand-up paddleboards and sea kayaks onboard will add yet another dimension to your nature explorations.
On alternate weeks this expedition operates in the reverse direction, between Bali and Flores. Click here for departure dates and information.
Operated by: Sea Trek
The Ombak Putih is a traditional Indonesian schooner custom built from ironwood by Buginese ship builders in Batulicin, Kalimantan. Her keel was laid in 1995, and she was officially launched in 1997. In early 2015, the Ombak Putih was the subject of a major interior refit. Working with the unique heritage this vessel represents, her transformation is a conservation exercise back to authenticity, using only the best traditional materials, shaped by highly skilled Indonesian craftsmen.
The Ombak Putih is 42 metres long, and provides accommodation for up to 24 guests in 12 comfortable cabins. With approximately 400 square metres of public space divided over two main decks, the Ombak Putih offers both open and covered space in abundance, allowing for privacy and serene relaxing. All cabins are located below deck and offer private en suite bathrooms, portholes, individually controlled air conditioning, and ample storage space including safety deposit box.
Led by Captain Feri, his 14 dedicated crew members hail from all regions of Indonesia and are sure to make your expedition memorable.
Your cruise price includes:
- 6 nights accommodation aboard Ombak Putih
- 1 night resort accommodation in Labuan Bajo
- Tea, soft drinks, juices, coffee and mineral water
- All meals on board
- Touring as described in the itinerary
- Professional cruise directors
- Outdoor sleeping facilities
- Complimentary snorkelling equipment and two sea canoes
- Transfer from Labuan Bajo Airport to ship and ship to Sanur (Bali).
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights to and from Indonesia
- Pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Pre cruise flight from Denpasar to Labuan Bajo (ask us for a quote)
- Guide and crew gratuities (suggest $5 per person per day)
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Alcoholic beverages onboard (BYO is possible - ask us for details)
A note from the operator regarding gratuities:
On your final day on board, you will have an opportunity to discretely contribute to a collective ‘captain and crew’ tip fund, which will be distributed equally among the crewmembers.We believe that between US$ 5-10 per cruising day is an appropriate amount (i.e. seven-day cruise = $70 total, not per crew member). However, this is just a suggestion and remains entirely up to the judgment and discretion of the guests. We discourage tips to individual crew members at any time, (except during cases of exceptional service). Tipping of your tour leader is welcome and at your discretion.