Historic Hooghly (Downstream)
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:AsiaSHIP:Rajmahal
Discover India's Lower Ganges over eight days between Farakka and Kolkata aboard the stylish river ship Rajmahal. Hooghly cruises are all about visits to villages, towns, temples and monuments in a little-known but fascinating and culturally rich part of India, on foot, by cycle rickshaw or minibus. These cruises, upstream or downstream with return journey by rail, take you along the intimate Hooghly, which
flows from Farakka on the main river down to Kolkata. As well as sightseeing of Kolkata itself and the European colonies just outside, the cruise takes in Murshidabad, capital of the Nawabs of Bengal, and the many monuments of the medieval Islamic capital of Gaur. A highlight are several delightful and little known Bengali Terracotta temples.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Assam Bengal Navigation
The Rajmahal entered service on the Hugli and the Ganges rivers in 2014. Built in Kolkata, she is 51 metres long and is powered by three engines. Her extra-shallow draught and a lower profile than conventional designs allow her to cruise further upstream than most other ships of her size operating on India's rivers. Rajmahal has a total of just 22 cabins: 14 spacious twin/double cabins on the upper deck; 4 twin/double cabins on the main deck; and 4 single cabins also on the Main Deck. The ship's décor is stylish and fresh with touches of colonial elegance, brought to life by traditional Indian-inspired designs on hand-blocked cotton fabrics. All cabins on Rajmahal feature French balconies. Facilities include a comfortable saloon and bar, dining room and a vast canopied sundeck with bar. A small spa onboard offers a wide range of treatments. All cabins and public rooms are air-conditioned.
Your cruise price includes:
- 7 nights accommodation in selected room grade
- All meals on board
- Touring and excursions as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Transfer (rail) from Kolkata to Farakka
- Transfer in Kolkata from ship to railway station or Airport
- 9% Indian Service Tax
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Indian entry visas / travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges, laundry charges and souvenir purchases
- Camera charges
- All prices quoted are subject to 5% Indian GST (tax is subject to change)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in USD
While every effort will be made to maintain the published itinerary, in view of fluctuating river conditions and navigational or mechanical difficulties, all schedules and itineraries are subject to change without notice.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Assam Bengal Navigation's terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in Single Cabins at the published rate.