Through the Heart of Japan
DURATION:15 Days/ 14 NightsREGION:AsiaSHIP:Coral Geographer
Over 15 days cruise through the Heart of Japan from Tokyo to Fukuoka aboard the stylish small ship Coral Geographer. Immerse yourself in centuries-old Japanese culture with a tea ceremony, known as the Way of Tea, in a traditional teahouse. Enjoy the time-honoured practice of hot springs bathing in an Onsen, where geothermically heated spring water is captured in a natural outdoor setting and revered for its healing properties. Learn about soba noodles, a staple of Japanese cuisine, while participating in a noodle cooking class, and 400-year-old soy sauce production at the Marukin Soy Sauce Historical Museum.
Experience the ancient art of hand-crafted Arita ceramics through making your own ceramic creation to take home and enjoy a traditional Awa Dance known as the ‘fools dance’ with origins dating back 400 years. Visit two UNESCO-listed sites: Japan’s world-famous ‘floating’ torii gate and Itsukushima Shrine of Miyajima and South Korea’s Global Geopark of Manjanggul Lava Tubes with its unique geological features and volcanic landforms. While cruising through the little-visited small islands of Japan and South Korea, see volcanic islands with their ancient lava flows and craggy shores eroded through wind and wave action over centuries.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Launched March 2021
Coral Geographer accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. A sister-ship to the new Coral Adventurer (launched 2019), care has been taken with the design of Coral Geographer to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Geographer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the waters of Australasia, South East Asia and the Indian and Pacific oceans.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for 14 nights
- All meals aboard Coral Geographer
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Included access to standard Wi-Fi aboard the ship - premium package available for purchase.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas / travel permits / passport fees
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - Save 20% off nib Insurance when purchased with your cruise)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
- Tipping is not required aboard Coral Geographer.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. The order of the itinerary will be determined by the Captain and Expedition Leader and they do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
Single travellers are accommodated in Explorer, Promenade and Coral deck staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% supplement.