Through the Heart of Japan
DURATION:15 Days/ 14 NightsREGION:AsiaSHIP:Coral Adventurer
NEW FOR 2021! Over 15 days cruise through the Heart of Japan from Tokyo to Nagasaki aboard the stylish small ship Coral Adventurer. Immerse yourself in centuries-old Japanese culture with a tea ceremony, known as the Way of Tea, in a traditional teahouse. Enjoy the time-honoured practice of hot springs bathing in an Onsen, where geothermically heated spring water is captured in a natural outdoor setting and revered for its healing properties. Learn about soba noodles, a staple of Japanese cuisine, while participating in a noodle cooking class, and 400-year-old soy sauce production at the Marukin Soy Sauce Historical Museum.
Experience the ancient art of hand-crafted Arita ceramics through making your own ceramic creation to take home and enjoy a traditional Awa Dance known as the ‘fools dance’ with origins dating back 400 years. Visit two UNESCO-listed sites: Japan’s world-famous ‘floating’ torii gate and Itsukushima Shrine of Miyajima and South Korea’s Global Geopark of Manjanggul Lava Tubes with its unique geological features and volcanic landforms. While cruising through the little-visited small islands of Japan and South Korea, see volcanic islands with their ancient lava flows and craggy shores eroded through wind and wave action over centuries.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Considered the 'world's most technologically-advanced tropical expedition ship', the latest addition to the Coral Expeditions fleet accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. Care has been taken with the design of the ship to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She is Australian flagged and crewed and conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Adventurer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the Kimberley region, Cape York and Arnhem Land (The Top of Australia), Papua New Guinea, the Spice Islands, Indonesia and the South Pacific.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for 14 nights
- All meals aboard Coral Adventurer
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas / travel permits / passport fees
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - Save 25% off SureSave Insurance when purchased with your cruise)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases]
- Tipping is not required aboard Coral Adventurer
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. The order of the itinerary will be determined by the Captain and Expedition Leader and they do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
Single travellers are accommodated in Explorer, Promenade and Coral deck staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% supplement.