Spice Islands and Raja Ampat
DURATION:12 Days/ 11 NightsREGION:AsiaSHIP:Coral Adventurer
Embark Coral Adventurer in Darwinat the commencement of this 11-night voyage through the Spice Islands and Raja Ampat to Biak, West Papua. Become one of the very first to have experienced these rarely-visited islands, where villagers have remained shielded from the outside world and communities are only now emerging into the 21st century.
The centrepiece of the expedition is a five day exploration through the nature lover’s paradise that is Raja Ampat. Harbouring over 75% of the world’s total coral and fish species, Raja Ampat’s pristine and brightly coloured reef systems offer perhaps the very best snorkelling and diving in the world today. On Misool, one of the famed ‘Four Kings’ of Raja Ampat, you will have the opportunity to snorkel through Tomorol Cave. While in Pulau Gam’s traditional Sawingrai village, you will join a local on a guided walk through the rainforest in search of the iconic Red Bird of Paradise.
Aboard Coral Adventurer you will retrace the footsteps of early explorers on approach to the island of Banda Neira, guided by the plume of smoke emerging from the island’s active Gunung Api volcano. The most treasured and valued commodities of their time, the world’s entire supply of nutmeg and mace was grown in the Spice Islands between the 12th and 15th centuries, and even today a stroll through Banda’s local spice markets offers a melting pot of aromas, colourful spices and vibrant characters. In Cenderawasih Bay, a protected Marine Park home to one of the world’s largest schools of Whale Shark, you'll seek out these amazing fish, some measuring up to 12 metres in length.
Cruising aboard Coral Adventurer, in the company of an experienced expedition team and all-Australian staff, you are sure to make the most of every minute discovering the very best that nature has to offer on this remarkable journey.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Considered the 'world's most technologically-advanced tropical expedition ship', the latest addition to the Coral Expeditions fleet accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. Care has been taken with the design of the ship to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She is Australian flagged and crewed and conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Adventurer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the Kimberley region, Cape York and Arnhem Land (The Top of Australia), Papua New Guinea, the Spice Islands, Indonesia and the South Pacific.
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
Charter flight Biak to Darwin
After disembarking Coral Adventurer in Biak, transfer to the airport for a charter flight back to Darwin. Enjoy on board catering. Arrive in Darwin in the early afternoon.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for 11 nights
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Charter flights
- Entry visas / travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases]
- Tipping is not required aboard Coral Adventurer