India's Brahmaputra - Rhinos & More
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:AsiaSHIP:Charaidew II
This Brahmaputra River cruise is the ideal introduction to the India's Brahmaputra plains, finishing with a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kaziranga National Park, the highlight of any visit to the Assam region. It also includes the rarely-visited Nameri National Park, a visit to a tea garden, and a trip through the bazaars of Tezpur in cycle rickshaws. Your 8-day cruise is aboard the new river ship Charaidew II.
Brahmaputra cruises feature visits and attractions such as wildlife viewing (both by jeep and on elephant back), village walks, visits to tea gardens, exploring country towns in cycle rickshaws, barbecues on deserted river islands, dance performances, and visits to craft workshops.
Operated by: Assam Bengal Navigator
The new ABN Charaidew II entered service on India's Brahmaputra River in January 2019. Built in Kolkata, her length is 44.50 metres and breadth is 11.00 metres and she is powered by two engines. Charaidew II features 18 modern and stylish cabins; two spacious deluxe cabins (350 sq. feet) and 12 spacious twin/double cabins (240 sq. feet) are on the Upper Deck while four cabins with queen size bed (170 sq. feet) are on the main deck and are ideal for single travellers. All standard cabins on ABN Charaidew II have French balconies, while the two deluxe cabins have a private balcony.
The ship's decor is stylish and fresh with touches of colonial elegance, brought to life by traditional Assamese designs on hand-woven cotton fabrics.
There is also a comfortable saloon and bar, dining room, a big open sundeck, gym, and a small spa onboard which offers a wide range of treatments.
Your cruise price includes:
- 8 nights accommodation in selected room grade
- All meals on board
- Touring and excursions as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tour / Transfer from Guwahati Airport to ship
- Transfer from ship to Guwahati, Tezpur or Jorhat airports.
- 5% Indian Service Tax
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Indian entry visas / travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges, laundry charges and souvenir purchases
- Camera charges