DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:ArcticSHIP:SH Minerva & SH Vega
Explore the High Arctic wilderness within the Arctic Circle between 74° and 81° north on this 7-night Svalbard Discovery cruise on board a boutique expedition ship. Admire the striking scenery on a voyage around Norway’s outlying Svalbard archipelago where only a few intrepid adventurers and explorers have been before. These remote islands of Spitsbergen, Nordaustlandet and Edgeøya reveal their
secrets as you come ashore to rugged landscapes bordered by tundra where wildflowers blossom under the midnight sun. Polar bears prowl the icy wilderness for hapless walrus, beluga whales swim along and expect to see black-legged kittiwakes swooping overhead as we cruise through icy fjords and past towering glaciers. This journey to and from the world’s most northerly town will leave you feeling on top of the world.
SH Minerva & SH Vega
Operated by: Swan Hellenic
Launched in 2021 and 2022 respectively, the new, 5-star sister-ships SH Minerva and SH Vega feature elegant Scandi-design and offer an intimate setting from which to immerse yourself in all the sights and scenery throughout your expedition. Each ship accommodates no more than 152 guests for a truly boutique experience, and you will be exceptionally well looked after by an international crew of up to 120.
SH Minerva and SH Vega are true expedition ships. Designed to journey to 'off the beaten path' destinations and remote polar regions in style and comfort, they have achieved a PC5 rating for their ice-strengthened hulls, which combined with extra-large stabilisers makes your journey as smooth as possible.
Onboard, the 70 staterooms and six suites have all the modern amenities you will need to feel comfortable including dressing gowns, hairdryers, personal safes and minibars. Your home away from home also features a dressing area and comfy seating. En suite bathrooms all feature glass-enclosed rain showers.
Discerning travellers will enjoy a choice of restaurants, several bars, and comfortable lounges with panoramic views. To keep active during your expedition, make use of the pool, jacuzzi, spa and fitness gym.
Expedition amenities include a basecamp for storage of gear, lecture lounge, an Expedition Laboratory where guests can take part in scientific research, a reference library and of course a fleet of excursion tenders that will ensure you're never far from the action!
Your cruise price includes:
- Group return transfers from the airport to the cruise port (via our included accommodation where applicable)
- Accommodation in selected cabin type onboard
- All meals onboard
- 24-hour room service
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks and selected alcoholic beverages available 24-hours per day
- Lecture programmes by our experienced expedition team and guest speakers
- Standard WiFi
- Onboard gratuities and port taxes
- One selected shore excursion/expedition activity per port of call (Kayak not included, bookable for a fee on board)
- Branded Swan Hellenic expedition parka and use of rubber boots in Polar Regions.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- Gratuities at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard.