Northern Lights & Arctic
DURATION:12 Days/ 11 NightsREGION:ArcticSHIP:Sea Spirit
This memorable expedition starts and finishes in Reykjavík, Iceland. Across the Denmark Strait explore the stunning Scoresby Sund fjord complex in East Greenland. Here, discover unbelievable scenery, historical sites, massive icebergs, a contemporary Inuit village, and of course the mesmerising northern lights.
On the way to Greenland visit the town of Ísafjörður in the Westfjords of Iceland. On the way back we explore Iceland’s picturesque Snæfellsnes peninsula. Every night on this voyage brings another excellent chance to experience the northern lights in a beautiful setting.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Poseidon Expeditions
The ice-strengthened, all-suite expedition ship Sea Spirit was built in 1991 in Italy and was fully refurbished in mid 2017, bringing a fresh new design to all cabins and common areas. A migratory ship, she follows the sun in the polar regions, offering Arctic cruises from March to September and Antarctic expeditions during the southern hemisphere summer. With suites accommodating a total of just 114 passengers (the smallest suite being generously proportioned at 20 sqm.), nimble maneuverability and a friendly atmosphere, Sea Spirit is built for adventure. All suites have private facilities and exterior views. Some of the suites feature private balconies for enjoying fantastic landscapes of the Arctic and Antarctica.
An ice-strengthened hull (rated at ice-level 1D), a fleet of rubber inflatable boats for landings (10 Zodiacs), experienced maritime and expedition teams, and retractable fin-stabilisers for smoother sailing make your polar cruise more enjoyable.
The Polar Regions are perhaps the most photogenic on earth, with countless beautiful scenes presenting themselves every day. Endless expanses of ice, beaches crowded with seals or penguins, sunsets over unbroken horizons, starlit skies, and even the majestic northern lights - they all present fantastic photographic opportunities - and in order to make sure that you come home with some spectacular images Poseidon Expeditions offers you the chance to learn and practice your photography alongside an experienced professional. The expert Photographer will be on hand to answer your questions and give advice, both in the form of onboard lectures and workshops on shore. Explore the key elements of photography in a fun and relaxed setting, with plenty of opportunities for questions and feedback. Learn how to see light in a new way and experiment with the techniques of composition and framing.
Your cruise price includes:
- 1 pre-voyage hotel night
- Group transfer to the ship on day of embarkation
- Shipboard accommodation
- All meals on board throughout the voyage
- Tea and coffee station 24 hours daily
- All scheduled landings/excursions (subject to weather and ice conditions)
- Leadership throughout the voyage by the experienced Expedition Leader & Expedition Team
- Branded Poseidon Expeditions parka
- Rubber boots for shore landings for the time of the cruise
- Welcome and Farewell cocktails
- All port fees
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation
- Pre-departure materials
- Digital Voyage Log
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance to a maximum benefit of US 100,000 per person (for those 85 years of age and younger)
Your cruise price does not include:
- Visa and passport fees (if applicable)
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages other than those for special events and celebrations
- Personal expenses such as laundry and telecommunication charges
- Staff gratuities