Experience Greenland Sailing Expedition
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:ArcticSHIP:North Sailing Greenland
Discover East Greenland's remarkable Scoresby Sund on an eight day cruise aboard a traditional 12-passenger schooner. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sail in some of the largest and most remote fjords on Earth, surrounded by untouched natural phenomena such as glaciers, icebergs and ice crusts. Far from
being your everyday experience, the picturesque sceneries are unparalleled. Whether in Red Island’s Iceberg city, the mountainous Øfjord, overlooking amazing archipelagos near Bear Island or scouting for wildlife in Harefjord, Greenland’s spectacular landscape leaves everyone speechless.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
North Sailing Greenland
Operated by: North Sailing
North Sailing operate a fleet of three traditional wooden schooners on eight-day Experience Greenland expeditions.
Depending on your travel date, you will cruise aboard one of:
- Schooner Opal
- Schooner Hildur
- Donna Wood
Small in size, each expedition ship accommodates no more than 12 travellers on intimate expeditions around Scoresby Sund. Single berths, twin and shared cabins (up to four guests sharing) are available, all of which utilise shared bathroom facilities. Note that berths are quite small, and living areas are compact. There can also be steep stairs between decks.
Where possible, you will travel under sail, although the ship's engines may be called upon when sufficient winds are not present.
Your cruise price includes:
- International flight Reykjavík – Constable Point – Reykjavík
- Return transport between the airport and the sailboat in Constable Point
- Accommodation on board in made up bunks/beds with shared facilities
- All meals on board the sailing ship
- Services of the crew, hiking excursions (as per itinerary) and arrangements
Your cruise price does not include:
- Airfare to and from Iceland
- Pre and post cruise accommodation
- Visas or Individual travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Laundry charges and items of personal nature
- Alcoholic beverages (available for extra charge & to be paid upon departure with cash money)
- Optional pre or post tours in Iceland
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in EUR
All itineraries are for guidance only. Programs may vary depending on local ice and weather conditions and in order to take advantage of opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is paramount for expedition cruises. Willingness to compromise on comfort is a basic requirement on board of a historic traditional sailing vessel. Important information about the sailing program: the boat is equipped with sails and these will be used in good conditions (open sea, water depth, appropriate wind conditions, time availability). This is not guaranteed. The captain decides whether to use the sails or the engine. There is no claim to one or other propulsion method. If sails are used, they are operated by the crew. Guests follow the safety instructions of the team.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and North Sailing's terms and conditions.