Ultimate Wildlife; Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctica
DURATION:21 Days/ 20 NightsREGION:AntarcticaSHIP:Sea Spirit
In the Falkland Islands, where birdlife abounds, discover easily accessible albatross and penguin rookeries on idyllic island farmsteads. In South Georgia, amidst the dramatic Southern Ocean seascape, find world-famous wildlife beaches thronged with jousting elephant seals, raucous fur seals, and stately king penguins.
In the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula explore a pristine polar wilderness of singular beauty, complete with bustling penguin colonies, dauntless seals, and voracious whales. On this ultimate 21-day Antarctic wildlife expedition, each destination is more amazing than the last.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Poseidon Expeditions
The ice-strengthened, all-suite expedition ship Sea Spirit was built in 1991 in Italy and was fully refurbished in mid 2017, bringing a fresh new design to all cabins and common areas. A migratory ship, she follows the sun in the polar regions, offering Arctic cruises from March to September and Antarctic expeditions during the southern hemisphere summer. With suites accommodating a total of just 114 passengers (the smallest suite being generously proportioned at 20 sqm.), nimble maneuverability and a friendly atmosphere, Sea Spirit is built for adventure. All suites have private facilities and exterior views. Some of the suites feature private balconies for enjoying fantastic landscapes of the Arctic and Antarctica.
An ice-strengthened hull (rated at ice-level 1D), a fleet of rubber inflatable boats for landings (10 Zodiacs), experienced maritime and expedition teams, and retractable fin-stabilisers for smoother sailing make your polar cruise more enjoyable.
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
Sea Kayak Club
Antarctica is a paddlers paradise. The White Continent boasts some of the world's most impressive landscapes and is home to incredible marine wildlife. Sea Kayak Club members will have the opportunity to paddle through tranquil waters filled with glittering icebergs and porpoising penguins while surrounded by magnificent glaciers and mountains.
The Polar Regions are perhaps the most photogenic on earth, with countless beautiful scenes presenting themselves every day. Endless expanses of ice, beaches crowded with seals or penguins, sunsets over unbroken horizons, starlit skies, and even the majestic northern lights – they all present fantastic photographic opportunities – and in order to make sure that you come home with some spectacular images Poseidon Expeditions offers you the chance to learn and practice your photography alongside an experienced professional. The expert Photographer will be on hand to answer your questions and give advice, both in the form of onboard lectures and workshops on shore. Explore the key elements of photography in a fun and relaxed setting, with plenty of opportunities for questions and feedback. Learn how to see light in a new way and experiment with the techniques of composition and framing.
Your cruise price includes:
- 1 pre-voyage hotel night in Ushuaia
- Group transfers from the airport to the hotel in Ushuaia in a day prior to departure
- Group transfer to the ship on day of embarkation
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation in Ushuaia
- Shipboard accommodations
- All scheduled landings/excursions
- Leadership throughout the voyage by experienced Expedition Leader and Expedition Team
- All meals on board throughout the voyage
- Tea and coffee station 24 hours daily
- Welcome and Farewell cocktails
- Rubber boots for shore landings for the time of the cruise
- Branded Poseidon Expeditions parka
- All port fees
- Pre-departure materials
- Digital Voyage Log
Your cruise price does not include:
- Visa and passport fees (if applicable)
- Luggage and trip cancellation insurance (highly recommended)
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages other than those for special events and celebrations
- Personal expenses such as laundry and onboard communication (telephone calls, faxes, and e-mail service)
- Travel Insurance including Emergency Evacuation Insurance to a minimum benefit of USD 150,000 (ask us for details about an appropriate policy)
- Staff gratuities
- Pre- or post-cruise travel expenses
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The itinerary, landings and all other activities during the cruise depend strongly on ice and weather conditions and are subject to the decisions of the Expedition Leader and the Captain of the vessel and may be changed without notice. Encounters with any mentioned wildlife cannot be guaranteed.
Single travellers may request sole use subject to the following single supplements: 1.7 for Main Deck and Classic, Superior Suite; 2.0 for Deluxe, Premium and Owner's Suite.