Falkland Islands - South Georgia - Antarctica
DURATION:21 Days/ 20 NightsREGION:AntarcticaSHIP:Hondius
** Prices include a 20% Earlybird Discount**
Join the newly-launched Hondius for one of the most comprehensive Antarctica expeditions available today. Departing from Puerto Madryn in Argentina, first port of call is the Falkland Islands, followed by several days spent exploring the wildlife
haven that is South Georgia. On this trip you will see no fewer than six types of penguin! Then it's on to the Orkney Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula, where there's four thrilling days of adventure in store. The 174-passenger Hondius has been purpose-built for Antarctica expeditions. Launching in 2019, she will become the first vessel to attain Polar Class 6 accreditation.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Oceanwide Expeditions
Launching in mid 2019, the 174-passenger Hondius is the latest addition to the Oceanwide Expeditions fleet of polar ships. Engineered for flexibility above all else, Hondius is optimised for maximum engagement with nature, wildlife, and outdoor activities – because a dynamic environment demands a dynamic vessel, and there is no environment more dynamic than the polar regions. The agility of the Hondius design gives you this opportunity, delivering you to shore as fast as possible so you can enjoy these spectacular landscapes as much as possible.
FORTIFIED POLAR CLASS 6 TECHNOLOGY
Being flexible and fast does not make Hondius frail: It is one of the first civilian vessels in the world to receive a Polar Class 6 notation, the most advanced category of polar cruise ship to date. When you set foot on Hondius, you are indeed choosing the best of modern marine science.
Your cruise price includes
- 20 night expedition voyage aboard the Hondius in selected room grade
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff
- Free use of rubber boots and snowshoes
- Luggage transfer from pick-up point to the vessel on the day of embarkation, in Puerto Madryn
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation)
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- Comprehensive pre-departure material
Your cruise price does not include:
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- Gratuities at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard - The cruise line recommends $8-10 per passenger per day
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in USD
Prices listed include a 20% Earlybird Discount, limited cabins available at these prices. Enquire for details.
The itinerary described is for guidance only. Programmes may vary depending on local ice and weather conditions, the availability of landing sites and opportunities to see wildlife. The final itinerary will be determined by the Expedition Leader on board. Flexibility is paramount for expedition cruises.
You must be in good general health and you should be able to walk several hours per day. The expedition is ship-based and physically not very demanding. Although as much time as possible is spent ashore, travellers are welcome to remain aboard the ship if they like. To join most excursions, travellers must be able to get up and down the steep gangway from the ship to the water level to board the Zodiacs. Staff will assist travellers in and out of the boats. This will become progressively easier with practice. Ashore it can be slippery and rocky. You are travelling in remote areas without access to sophisticated medical facilities, so you must not join this expedition if you have a life-threatening condition, or need daily medical treatment.
A single supplement of 70% applies for sole use of cabins.