Classic Antarctica aboard Expedition
DURATION:11 Days/ 10 NightsREGION:AntarcticaSHIP:Expedition
The Antarctic Peninsula is anything but a world of white desolation. Join us aboard the classic mc Expedition on a true adventure to a world of immense scale and visual splendour. Passing huge icebergs in the flat calm of a polar morning will reshape the way you look at your world. Encounter huge whales, enormous
rookeries of penguins, and stunning landscapes few have ever witnessed. This 11-day expedition will introduce you to the magic of the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula and offers outstanding value for money.
Operated by: G Adventures
The legendary ms Expedition provides an intimate small-ship cruising experience in the polar regions of the world. Completely refurbished in 2009, she boasts spacious cabins, each featuring ocean-facing windows or portholes and private en-suite facilities. Large common areas and observation decks provide panoramic views of the distinctive landscapes of some of the world's most remote regions. The Expedition's spacious confines can hold up to 134 explorers. Many expedition cruise operators offer you a choice of space, comfort or expertise; the Expedition delivers all three at a price few can match. With a focus on safety, comfort and the unique demands of polar travel, the crew of the classic Expedition is committed to the ship’s continued safe operation.
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
Antarctic Pre / Post Cruise Add On
When you travel aboard the Expedition this options make sure that getting from A to B is always smooth sailing. That’s why we offer a Buenos Aires hotel and flight package, which takes care of your accommodation in BA, flight to Ushuaia, and your transfers to and from the airport. After the cruise, you will be transferred back to the airport to catch a flight to Buenos Aires, where the package ends on arrival. The only thing that you have to do? Remember to pack your thermal underwear!
Follow in the footsteps of bold explorers and experience this land’s awe-inspiring splendours first-hand. Our Antarctica camping experience includes time to enjoy the beauty of Antarctica near your campsite with ample photography options. Experience the sounds of heaving ice, the fresh scent of the sea, and the stars at night. Nothing gets you closer to the humbling forces of nature than spending a night ashore! This activity is offered on select departures and must be booked prior to your trip, see Tour details for more information.
Weather permitting, you will head out in kayaks on days where zodiac landings are also available. Kayaking as part of a group led by experienced and skilled leaders allows an opportunity to experience these remote regions from another vantage point. No other activity gets you as close to the natural environment! This activity is offered on all departures and must be booked prior to your trip.
Your cruise price includes
- 9 night polar voyage aboard the Expedition in selected room grade
- 1 pre-cruise night of accommodation in Ushuaia (Albatros Hotel or similar)
- Arrival transfer from airport to Ushuaia Hotel
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff
- Free use of waterproof boots
- Expedition parka
- Luggage transfer from hotel to the vessel on the day of embarkation, in Ushuaia
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation)
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- Comprehensive pre-departure material
Your cruise price does not include:
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements unless specified
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- Gratuities at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard - The cruise line recommends $8-10 per passenger per day