Antarctic Peninsula Discovery
DURATION:10 Days/ 9 NightsREGION:AntarcticaSHIP:SH Minerva & SH Vega
If you've only got limited time for your Antarctic expedition, this 10-night voyage takes you across Drake Passage straight to the frozen Antarctic Peninsula - where you'll discover mesmerizing icy wonders like the Gerlache Strait and exceptionally beautiful Antarctic Sound. Step ashore and get up close and personal with the local
penguins for that perfect photo opportunity. Journey alongside polar specialists and share in their vast knowledge of these isolates regions. You'll cruise aboard one of the newest and most-luxurious expedition ships available, with no more than 150 other travellers. This is true expedition cruising with more than a touch of luxury.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
SH Minerva & SH Vega
Operated by: Swan Hellenic
Launched in 2021 and 2022 respectively, the new, 5-star sister-ships SH Minerva and SH Vega feature elegant Scandi-design and offer an intimate setting from which to immerse yourself in all the sights and scenery throughout your expedition. Each ship accommodates no more than 152 guests for a truly boutique experience, and you will be exceptionally well looked after by an international crew of up to 120.
SH Minerva and SH Vega are true expedition ships. Designed to journey to 'off the beaten path' destinations and remote polar regions in style and comfort, they have achieved a PC5 rating for their ice-strengthened hulls, which combined with extra-large stabilisers makes your journey as smooth as possible.
Onboard, the 70 staterooms and six suites have all the modern amenities you will need to feel comfortable including dressing gowns, hairdryers, personal safes and minibars. Your home away from home also features a dressing area and comfy seating. En suite bathrooms all feature glass-enclosed rain showers.
Discerning travellers will enjoy a choice of restaurants, several bars, and comfortable lounges with panoramic views. To keep active during your expedition, make use of the pool, jacuzzi, spa and fitness gym.
Expedition amenities include a basecamp for storage of gear, lecture lounge, an Expedition Laboratory where guests can take part in scientific research, a reference library and of course a fleet of excursion tenders that will ensure you're never far from the action!
Your cruise price includes:
- Group return transfers from the airport to the cruise port (via our included accommodation where applicable)
- Accommodation in selected cabin type onboard
- All meals onboard
- 24-hour room service
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks and selected alcoholic beverages available 24-hours per day
- Lecture programmes by our experienced expedition team and guest speakers
- Standard WiFi
- Onboard gratuities and port taxes
- One selected shore excursion/expedition activity per port of call (Kayak not included, bookable for a fee on board)
- Branded Swan Hellenic expedition parka and use of rubber boots in Polar Regions.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- Gratuities at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The final itinerary will be determined by the Expedition Leader on board. Flexibility is paramount for expedition cruises.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Swan Hellenic's terms and conditions.
A single supplement of 25% applies for sole use of selected cabins. Limited numbers apply. Enquire for details.