South Shetland Islands & Antarctic Peninsula
DURATION:10 Days/ 9 NightsREGION:AntarcticaSHIP:Ocean Victory
Departing Ushuaia in Argentina, cross the mighty Drake Passage en route to the South Shetland Islands, making Zodiac landings at penguin rookeries, research stations and fascinating lookouts along the way. Continuing southward, deep into the inlets of Antarctica, pass the famous Gerlache Strait, where 1,000 metre ice cliffs rise straight out of the still water. On no other journey can you experience so much pristine nature and varied wildlife in so few days! When Ocean Victory returns to Tierra del Fuego and Ushuaia, depending on weather conditions, she might pass close to the mythical Cape Horn - the southernmost point on South America; a celebrated maritime landmark.
Aboard the new Ice Class 1A / Polar Code 6 expedition ship Ocean Victory, you are sure to get close to the dramatic coastlines. Zodiac cruising and shore landings are an important and considerable part of the planned itinerary, enabling all expedition guests to set foot several times on the Antarctic continent, as well as the many surrounding sub-antarctic islands. Any voyage to Antarctica is an adventure, but with a maximum capacity of 189 guests, this expedition offers a unique experience for the few. Shore landings, excursions, lectures and whale safaris are easily accommodated to help you enjoy a matchless expedition experience.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Albatros Expeditions
Launching in November 2021, the new Ocean Victory is the flag-ship for Danish expedition cruise company Albatros Expeditions. With over 30 years experience, when you join Albatros in the Antarctic you are travelling with a respected company who know how to operate exploratory cruises, with a dash of Nordic flair!
Ocean Victory accommodates just 189 guests in 93 comfortable cabins and suites, all with a view of the ocean (and 90% with their own balcony). There's also several restaurants, a wellness area, an Albatros Nordic Bar, an open deck dining facility, a modern lecture lounge, and heated pool. The ship will also be environmentally-friendly onboard, with the implementation of the Green Initiative Program, ensuring both absolute comfort and sustainability for guests.
Adhering to the most stringent polar codes; rated ice class 1A / Polar Code 6, travellers aboard Ocean Victory will enjoy the ship's patented X-BOW™, created by Norwegian ship designer ULSTEIN. As one of the leaders in marine engineering, ULSTEIN's X-BOW™ is an inverted bow concept that's designed to alleviate challenging open ocean waves!
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
Glide through the waters and take in the royal grace of the icebergs, see the varied birds and seals, and maybe even the whales in their natural habitat under the supervision of experienced kayak guides, who will ensure your safety during each outing. Exercise your body while engaging your mind and heart in an unforgettable outing, safely guided by Kayak masters throughout the journey. Although kayaking opportunities are possible in most locations during each excursion in the Antarctic region, weather, sea and ice conditions will dictate the when and where to ensure your safety and improve your experience. In order to sign up for this activity you need to have previous kayaking experience, and attend a mandatory safety briefing by the Kayak Master. The cost is $235/person per outing and it can only be booked onboard.
Your cruise price includes:
- 9 night expedition cruise with accommodation in selected cabin grade
- All Zodiac landings and excursions as per itinerary
- Expedition parka
- Rubber boot rentals
- Guiding and lectures by our expedition leader and team
- English-speaking expedition team
- Full board on the ship - breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Included tea and coffee 24 hours daily
- Guiding and lectures by our experienced expedition leader and team
- Special photo workshop
- Welcome and farewell cocktails
- Digital visual journal link after voyage, including voyage log, gallery, species list and more!
- Port fees, IAATO fees, taxes and tariffs + Parkas for all guests
Your cruise price does not include:
- International or domestic flights to or from ship, unless specified
- Transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Visa, passport, and vaccination charges
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Hotels and meals not included in itinerary
- Optional excursions not included in the itinerary
- Optional activity surcharge for kayaking
- Tips for the crew (Albatros Travel recommend USD 13.5 per person per day)
- All items of a personal nature including but not limited to: alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, laundry services, personal clothing, medical expenses, gratuities, and email or phone charges.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in USD
Please note that all Polar itineraries are at the mercy of weather conditions and not all landings are guaranteed. These itineraries are flexible and will change voyage to voyage, allowing the best chance to make the most of surprising wildlife displays and unexpected opportunities.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Albatros Expeditions’ terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in designated single cabins.