Wild Alaska Escape from Sitka
DURATION:6 Days/ 5 NightsREGION:North AmericaSHIP:National Geographic Sea Lion & Sea Bird
Explore Alaska on an active, exciting expedition to see the region’s iconic wildlife and epic landscapes in the compact timeframe of one work week. Take long hikes on world-class trails through forests of towering trees, kayak long routes deep into glacially carved fjords, and raft to an ancient Alaska native village - all with the
nimble expedition ship National Geographic Sea Bird as your moving basecamp. These adventures are specially designed to offer a more physically active itinerary. On alternate weeks this expedition operates in the reverse direction, between Juneau and Sitka. Click here for departure dates and information.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Sea Lion & Sea Bird
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
Both National Geographic Sea Lion and National Geographic Sea Bird are 50 metre expedition ships that comfortably accommodate 62 guests in 31 outside cabins. Both ships are identical in every way, and the feeling onboard is often compared to that of a large private yacht, with everyone integral to the adventure. Both are sturdy expedition ships, designed to sail through the narrow, fast-moving channels among the islands of Southeast Alaska and into secluded anchorages. Outfitted for exploration, they carry a fleet of expedition landing craft and kayaks for up close encounters with wildness, in addition to a Bow Cam, Splash-Cam, hydrophone, underwater video camera, video microscope, and binoculars.
Recent refurbishments have fully transformed and revitalised both National Geographic Sea Lion and Sea Bird. The extensive renovations to guest cabins, lounges and bars, dining rooms, public areas and spas has transformed both ships to provide the ultimate in expedition hospitality and comfort. Nothing has been left untouched, from the sleekly framed wall photos, to the fresh paint, and new carpets throughout.
Ask us for details as to which of these sister ships is scheduled to operate your selected expedition.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Sea Bird for 5 nights
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
On alternate weeks this expedition operates in the reverse direction, between Juneau and Sitka. Click here for departure dates and information.
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places intended to be visited, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.