Three Frontiers: Peru, Colombia & Brazil
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:South & Central AmericaSHIP:Cattleya Journey
Noted for its natural beauty, the famous meeting point of Peru, Colombia and Brazil, known as the Tres Fronteras (Three Frontiers in English) offers expeditioners an exciting opportunity to experience a unique cultural mix in the depths of the Amazon River and Rainforest.
The only rivership vessel offering this route, the intimate Cattleya Journey provides first-class cuisine, comfort and service levels for eight lucky travellers as they fish for piranha, swim with pink dolphins, visit indigenous tribes, witness exotic wildlife and explore three countries in one day!
Operated by: Latin Trails
With just four suites accommodating no more than eight guests, the intimate river ship Cattleya Journey promises a personalised expedition in the Peruvian Amazon and Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. Launched in 2014, this modern - yet traditional - 23-metre vessel is small enough to access even the most hard to reach parts of the river and rainforest, whilst the ten staff (including two English-speaking naturalist guides) pride themselves on delivering gourmet cuisine, first class service and an indepth experience exploring the mighty Amazon. A skiff and kayaks are used to explore on multiple excursions each day, with wildlife spotting, rainforest walks and cultural experiences in local villages high on the agenda of activities offered.
Your cruise price includes:
- 7 nights aboard Cattleya Journeys in selected room grade
- All excursions
- All meals and non-alcoholic drinks
- Transfer to/from the ship meeting recommended flights to Iquitos
Your cruise price does not include:
- Air tickets to and from Iquitos
- â€‹Pre- or post- cruise accommodation
- Alcoholic drinks for the bar and dining room
- Cost of medical emergencies (including evacuation)
- Items of a personal nature (communications, laundry expenses and boutique purchases)
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
A note from the operator regarding gratuities:
It is customary to give cruise gratuities, subject to your satisfaction of services rendered. Gratuities on board and on land are not included in your cruise fare. Suggested tip amount per passenger is: US$ 50.00 for the naturalists, US$ 150.00 for the crew.