Patagonia: Chilean Fjords and Argentina's Staten Island
DURATION:9 Days/ 8 NightsREGION:South & Central AmericaSHIP:National Geographic Orion
Remote and largely inaccessible, Patagonia is the essence of wildness - a maze of channels and islands. Venture deep into Chile’s glorious fjords past incandescent icebergs and massive glaciers. From the 'land of fire', Tierra del Fuego, to the jagged spires of Torres del Paine National Park, experience Patagonia at close
range aboard National Geographic Orion. And, thanks to special access, enjoy the privilege of visiting the far-off, stunningly beautiful natural parklands of Karukinka and Yendegaia, and be among the only visitors ever to explore Argentina’s magnificent Isla de los Estados - Staten Island.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Orion
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
Built and engineered in Germany in 2003 for maximum comfort and safety, National Geographic Orion is equipped with the latest technology including large retractable stabilisers, sonar, radar, and an ice-strengthened hull. A shallow draught plus bow and stern thrusters provide the convenience of being able to maneuver close to shore. 14 Zodiacs ensure quick disembarkation and offer the ideal transport for up-close exploration. Best of all, Orion is equipped with a glass-bottom Zodiac that enables remarkably clear, gratifying observations of the undersea for those who prefer to stay dry.
National Geographic Orion accommodates 102 guests in 53 cabins, including several with balconies. She is spacious and modern, with a variety of public rooms that offer panoramic views of the passing landscape. Friendly and informal, Orion fosters a welcoming atmosphere where like-minded guests share in exceptional experiences and enrichment.
FREE BAR AND CREW TIPS INCLUDED
All fares for travel aboard National Geographic Orion include your bar tab and all tips for the crew.
Your cruise price includes:
- Pre-cruise night in Santiago
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Orion for 7 nights
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Internal South American flights - enquire for pricing
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (SAVE 20% - ask us for a quote today)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places intended to be visited, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship. Some departures operate in reverse direction, enquire for details.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.