Central Galapagos aboard Isabela II
DURATION:5 Days/ 4 NightsREGION:South & Central AmericaSHIP:Isabela II
This five day itinerary begins on Santa Cruz Island, one of the inhabited islands in Galapagos. First, explore the highlands with its lush vegetation before venturing to the famous Charles Darwin Research Station to meet face-to-face with the iconic Giant Tortoises. Then board the small ship Isabela II late in the afternoon. Early on the next day, sail to a stunning anchorage at Santa Fe Island. Here, find a white beach with many sea lions, as well as the Santa Fe land Iguana and, possibly, the Galapagos hawk. In the afternoon explore South Plaza Island, keeping an eye out for endemic yellow land iguanas munching on cacti amidst a spectacular show of nature’s colours: the azure sea, green cacti and red sesuvium. Continue to North
Seymour Island, a highlight for many visitors, and a rewarding walk along the coast observing bird colonies including magnificent frigatebirds, blue-footed boobies, gulls, and also sea lions and marine iguanas. Later, disembark on the north shore of Santa Cruz Island, at the glorious white beach of Las Bachas, for a refreshing swim and search for some lagoon birds. At Bartolome Island take a hike for an unbeatable volcanic viewpoint from high up on a hill before relaxing on a golden-sandy beach with snorkelling and glass-bottom boat tours. With luck, spot some Galapagos penguins, both on land and in the water. Afterwards, land at the white beach of Sullivan Bay, with a trail over a dramatic lava field from 1897.
Operated by: Metropolitan Touring
The yacht Isabela II promises an intimate and stylishly-appointed base from which to explore Charles Darwin's Galapagos Islands, Traditionalists will enjoy feeling at home with a crew that has remained mostly unchanged for years, leading to seamless attention to detail that will make your stay extra special.
With just 20 guest cabins accommodating no more than 40 travellers, Isabella II's convivial atmosphere leads to a close-up experience of this unique destinaiton. On board, guests find delicious cuisine, faultless service and excellent facilities, including a Hut Tub, fitness room, bar and outside deck for al fresco meals, drinks, and sunbathing.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for four nights
- All meals
- Soft drinks *
- Island sightseeing
- Naturalist guides and lecture services in English/Spanish only
- Wet suit rental and snorkelling gear
- Internet *
- Taxes and transfers in the islands. Transfer from main hotels in Quito (Casa Gangotena, Hilton Colón, Swissôtel, Marriott, Dann Carlton) and in Guayaquil (Hilton Colón, Oro Verde, Hampton Inn, Sheraton) to airport for flights to / from Galapagos are included in these rates.
* Please note: Soft drinks include juices and carbonated drinks, not “virgin” cocktails.
* Internet connections aboard consist of 2 computer stations in the library and Wi-Fi in the yacht’s social areas; due to the Galapagos’ remote location, internet connections are intermittent and low-bandwidth.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Airfare to/from the Galapagos Islands
- Galapagos National Park admission fee (US$ 100 per person, subject to change without notice)
- Transit Control Card for Galapagos (US$ 20 per person, subject to change without notice)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Travel Insurance (Save 20% when purchased with your cruise)
- Gifts and additional items