A Voyage to Belize: Wildlife, Reefs, and Rivers
DURATION:6 Days/ 5 NightsREGION:South & Central AmericaSHIP:National Geographic Quest & Venture
Discover the tropical wonders of Belize on a voyage along the country’s remote southern coast. Using the National Geographic Quest as your base for exploration, snorkel the colourful corals of the Belize barrier reef, skirt the shores of white-sand islands by kayak and stand-up paddleboard, and swim in turquoise lagoons teeming with marine life. Head inland to explore lush jungles on foot; and cruise coastal rivers in Zodiacs, seeking out howler monkeys and toucans in the surrounding rain forest canopy.
Explore under the sure guidance of an experienced expedition leader, veteran naturalists, including a Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor and an undersea specialist, plus a wellness specialist– - the largest and most knowledgeable expedition team in the region. Their remarkable knowledge and passion for Belize and Tikal is the key to your once-in-a-lifetime experience.
National Geographic Quest & Venture
Launched in 2017 National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture (launching 2018) are state-of-the-art, purpose-built expedition vessels made for exploring coastal waters, shallow coves and fast-moving channels where wildlife congregate while sailing with the luxury of supreme comfort. Spacious cabins, open decks for wildlife viewing, and specialty tools for exploration make these ships the ideal platform for sailing in the remote areas of Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, Costa Rica, Panama, and Belize.
Designed with decades of expedition experience in the region, these small ships more than comfortably accommodate 100 guests in 50 cabins. Twenty-two of the 50 cabins feature small balconies with floor-to-ceiling sliding doors that bring in the spectacular views and ample natural light. Twelve cabins connect via internal doorway access allowing families to combine their rooms. Plus, all category 5 suite cabins can accommodate a third person on a convertible sofa bed.
Twin expedition craft landing platforms allows rapid deployment of tenders from the ship to take advantage of wildlife sightings and to ensure time off the ship exploring is maximised. Designed with a shallow draft, National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture draw less than three metres of water, allowing them to sail into places where much larger ships cannot go.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Quest for 5 nights
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Charter flight from Belize City and Flores, Guatemala (add approx. USD $250 per person)
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- SCUBA diving charges
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)