Canada's East Coast Golf Expedition: Fiddles & Sticks
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:North AmericaSHIP:Akademik Ioffe / Akademik Sergey Vavilov
Canada’s east coast Maritime provinces are home to some of the finest golf courses in North America. Golfers from around the world are drawn by the superb challenges offered and the magnificent coastal settings. Add the rich culture and history found in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and you have all the hallmarks of a great vacation. On this new expedition voayge aboard the Akademik Ioffe - a world first in expedition cruising - the itinerary skillfully
blends a unique cruise experience, full of wildlife encounters, visits to colourful fishing villages plus exciting off-ship excursions, while providing easy access to several of Canada’s most spectacular golfing locations. While golfers are off to the first tee, all non-golfers will be enjoying a terrific range of activities, such as cruising in the zodiacs, hikes on shore, wildlife observation, cycle touring and even stand up paddle boarding – all in the company of our expert team of guides.
Find out more about the featured golf courses
Akademik Ioffe / Akademik Sergey Vavilov
Operated by: One Ocean Expeditions
Akademiks Ioffe and Sergey Vavilov are purpose built oceanographic vessels featuring complex internal stabilisers and powerful engines and accommodate just 96 guests. Combined with multi-pitch propulsion and bow and stern thrusters these vessels offer exceptional maneuverability. Expansive observation decks featuring 360 degree views make them the perfect platform for operation in Antarctica and the High Arctic.
Although built as research vessels, both ships offer modern conveniences, are comfortable, safe and ice strengthened (rated Lloyds 1A). From small group sessions to briefings for all expeditioners, there are public spaces onboard ideally suited for each and every need.
A separate lounge and bar, as well as a library provide ideal places to sit and relax or catch up on some reading. A selection of movies and documentaries can also be watched in the lounge.
The sumptuous meals prepared by the culinary team are enjoyed in the dining room, which can host all passengers in a single seating and will keep you feeling healthy and strong for the myriad activities offered throughout the voyage.
Other facilities include the theatre-style presentation room, gift-shop, fitness room, massage room, hot water spa, sauna and plunge pool. There’s also a dedicated expedition ‘mud-room’ where you prepare for your off-ship excursions.
Tee times will be reserved at four of Canada's best golf courses during the voyage. The courses (with links to their websites) are as follows:
Cabot Links – Nova Scotia
Cabot Cliffs – Nova Scotia
Club De Golf Iles des Madeleine – Quebec (Magdalen Islands)
Links at Crowbush - Prince Edward Island
Your cruise price includes:
- Shipboard accommodation
- All meals on board throughout the voyage
- Tea and coffee station 24 hours daily
- All scheduled landings/excursions (subject to weather and ice conditions)
- Leadership throughout the voyage by the experienced Expedition Leader & Expedition Team
- All port fees
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation
- Pre-departure materials
- Green fees at four of Canada's finest courses
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights, pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Charter flights (additional expense)
- Visa and passport fees (if applicable)
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages other than those for special events and celebrations
- Personal expenses such as laundry and telecommunication charges
- Staff gratuities
- Golf club hire - you are also welcome to bring your own from home