Northern Kimberley Quest
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:The KimberleySHIP:Kimberley Quest II
Renowned for its massive gorges and river systems, extensive waterfalls, World War II relics and incredible Bradshaw rock art sites, the northern Kimberley is an experience not to be missed. Exploring between Wyndham and the Mitchell River, this cruise will visit Kimberley icons such as the King George Falls, Berkeley River,
the Drysdale River and many more. Enjoy refreshing swims in fresh water holes, explore historical Aboriginal art sites, fish for the elusive barramundi plus many other fish specials and view majestic gorges. This eight day northern Kimberley cruise operates just after the wet season when the waterfalls are spectacular! This quest also includes a helicopter flight over the Mitchell Falls.
Kimberley Quest II
Operated by: Kimberley Quest
The custom-built 25 metre Kimberley Quest II is fully air-conditioned and is equipped with a helipad, spa, comfortable en suited cabins and offers indoor and outdoor alfresco areas so there will always be plenty of room to take in the panoramic scenery and breathtaking sunsets. While on board expeditioners can take advantage of the extensive library, including a fantastic array of Kimberley reference books and general interest novels, otherwise sit with the Captain in the wheelhouse and learn more about the Kimberley outback.
Accommodating just 18 guests and seven crew, your holiday of a lifetime can be enjoyed with fellow travellers in intimate surrounds. You have the choice of nine cabins from Double to Superior and the exclusive Flybridge. All cabins feature private en suites, individual air-conditioning, viewing windows, mini-refrigerators and are serviced daily by your hostess.
Carrying three excursion tenders, days are filled with myriad activities both on and off land, exploring the spectacular region with your very own local guide who has extensive knowledge of the Kimberley coastline.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for 7 nights aboard Kimberley Quest II
- Flight from Broome to Mitchell Falls and the ship
- Fresh cuisine whilst on board, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Selected soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Daily excursions led by knowledgeable guides
- Post-cruise transfers in Wyndham
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Optional helicopter flights (payable on board)
- Alcoholic beverages onboard
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
The Traditional Owners of the Kimberley and their representatives are proposing the introduction of a new Visitor Pass for all guests accessing traditional lands when cruising these areas. If such a pass is introduced prior to the commencement of your cruise, then this incremental cost will be added to the cost of your cruise.
A note about alcohol...
Kimberley Quest offers a small onboard bar service, however you are encouraged to pre-order your alcohol requirements. Prior to the expedition, you will be invited to advise Kimberley Quest of your requirements and they will place the order for you. The actual cost of supplying the alcohol (at cost to Kimberley Quest) will be passed on to you.