British Isles aboard Sea Spirit
DURATION:13 Days/ 12 NightsREGION:EuropeSHIP:Sea Spirit
This expedition-style voyage from Plymouth to Edinburgh is your chance to discover some of the British Isles’ most historically significant and wildlife-rich destinations. Cruising aboard the small, luxury expedition ship Sea Spirit is the perfect way to visit difficult-to-access locations where tourist value far exceeds tourist numbers. Departing Plymouth, the adventure begins with beautiful Tresco in the Isles of Scilly. In Scotland explore early Christian history on the peaceful Isle of Iona, magnificent archeological sites in the Orkney Islands, and exciting birdlife on Shetland’s beautiful Fair Isle.
You'll cruise in the company of renowned Dr Huw Lewis-Jones, a historian of exploration, culture, photography and the environment, with a PhD from the University of Cambridge. He is the author of award-winning books but is happiest when out in wild nature. Huw was Curator at the Scott Polar Research Institute and the National Maritime Museum in London. His books include In Search of the South Pole, The Crossing of Antarctica, Ocean Portraits, The Conquest of Everest, winner of the History Award at the Banff Mountain Festival, Across the Arctic Ocean, and Explorers’ Sketchbooks, an art history of discovery and adventure.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Poseidon Expeditions
The ice-strengthened, all-suite expedition ship Sea Spirit was built in 1991 in Italy and was fully refurbished in mid 2017, bringing a fresh new design to all cabins and common areas. A migratory ship, she follows the sun in the polar regions, offering Arctic cruises from March to September and Antarctic expeditions during the southern hemisphere summer. With suites accommodating a total of just 114 passengers (the smallest suite being generously proportioned at 20 sqm.), nimble maneuverability and a friendly atmosphere, Sea Spirit is built for adventure. All suites have private facilities and exterior views. Some of the suites feature private balconies for enjoying fantastic landscapes of the Arctic and Antarctica.
An ice-strengthened hull (rated at ice-level 1D), a fleet of rubber inflatable boats for landings (10 Zodiacs), experienced maritime and expedition teams, and retractable fin-stabilisers for smoother sailing make your polar cruise more enjoyable.
Your cruise price includes:
- Group transfer to the ship on day of embarkation
- Shipboard accommodation in selected room grade for 12 nights
- All meals on board throughout the voyage
- Tea and coffee station 24 hours daily
- All scheduled landings/excursions (subject to weather conditions);
- Leadership throughout the voyage by an experienced Expedition Leader and Expedition Team
- Branded Poseidon Expeditions softshell
- Rubber boots for shore landings for the duration of the cruise
- Welcome and Farewell cocktails
- All port fees
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation
- Pre-departure materials
- Digital Voyage Log.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Airfares and pre-cruise hotels
- Visa and passport fees (if applicable)
- Luggage and trip cancellation insurance
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages other than those for special events and celebrations
- Personal expenses such as laundry and telecommunication charges
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance with minimum coverage of USD 200,000
- Staff gratuities.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
These special Earlybird fares apply when you book and deposit before 30 June 2021. Book before 31 December 2020 for a further $250 onboard credit.
The itinerary, landings and all other activities during the cruise depend strongly on ice and weather conditions and are subject to the decisions of the Expedition Leader and the Captain of the vessel and may be changed without notice. Encounters with any mentioned wildlife cannot be guaranteed.
Single travellers may request sole use subject to the following single supplements: 1.7 for Main Deck and Classic, Superior Suite; 2.0 for Deluxe, Premium and Owner's Suite.