An Expeditionary Voyage to Wallis & Futuna
DURATION:22 Days/ 21 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Adventurer
This 22-day expeditionary voyage from Cairns to Auckland features the remote islands of Wallis and Futuna, located 2,000 nautical miles into the South Pacific. Follow in the footsteps of ancient Samoan traders, pioneering European explorers and 19th century French missionaries. Sample a kava drink, visit a traditional thatched fale house and marvel at imposing Catholic Cathedrals.
Celebrate Christmas and the New Year at sea before continuing onwards to Niue, one of the world’s largest coral atolls. Cross the International Date Line and reset your watch by 23 hours before disembarking in Auckland. With an expert Expedition Team and warm Australian hospitality onboard the stylish expedition ship Coral Adventurer, this voyage of discovery to faraway lands is one for true explorers.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Considered the 'world's most technologically-advanced tropical expedition ship', the latest addition to the Coral Expeditions fleet accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. Care has been taken with the design of the ship to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She is Australian flagged and crewed and conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Adventurer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the Kimberley region, Cape York and Arnhem Land (The Top of Australia), Papua New Guinea, the Spice Islands, Indonesia and the South Pacific.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for 21 nights
- All meals
- Australian house beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Transfer from the ship to Auckland hotels or the Airport.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas / travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases]
- Tipping is not required aboard Coral Adventurer.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Coral Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in Coral and Promenade Deck Staterooms. Ask us about reduced single supplements on this voyage.