Isles, Atolls, and Pristine Corals: Southern Line Islands
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:National Geographic Orion
On this 8-day expedition aboard National Geographic Orion discover that the notion of tropical paradise is alive and well - as are some of the world’s best dive and snorkel sites - on an expedition from Rangiroa’s sparkling lagoon to the verdant peaks of Tahiti’s neighbor, Moorea. This compact voyage maximises your time in some of the most vibrant undersea sites in the world. Plus, there’s time to stroll pristine beaches, kayak peaceful coves, and experience true Polynesian hospitality.
Dive or snorkel Kiribati's Southern Line Islands and see diverse coral, clouds of tropical fish, and healthy predator populations. It is one of the healthiest reef systems in the world and a rare place virtually unmarred by the touch of humans, which is why it was identified by the National Geographic Pristine Seas project as one of the few places researchers can study to see how reefs and undersea ecosystems looked before humans.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Orion
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
Built and engineered in Germany in 2003 for maximum comfort and safety, National Geographic Orion is equipped with the latest technology including large retractable stabilisers, sonar, radar, and an ice-strengthened hull. A shallow draught plus bow and stern thrusters provide the convenience of being able to maneuver close to shore. 14 Zodiacs ensure quick disembarkation and offer the ideal transport for up-close exploration. Best of all, Orion is equipped with a glass-bottom Zodiac that enables remarkably clear, gratifying observations of the undersea for those who prefer to stay dry.
National Geographic Orion accommodates 102 guests in 53 cabins, including several with balconies. She is spacious and modern, with a variety of public rooms that offer panoramic views of the passing landscape. Friendly and informal, Orion fosters a welcoming atmosphere where like-minded guests share in exceptional experiences and enrichment.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Orion for duration of the cruise
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages onboard
- Select alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during nightly recap
- Fitness centre or exercise equipment
- Access to fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of expedition staff
- The services of a physician where required
- Meals on land, as indicated in itinerary
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as indicated
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as detailed in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
- Crew gratuities
Your cruise price does not include:
- International and internal airfares
- Pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your cruise)
- Passport, visa, and immigration fees
- Expedition extensions
- Select alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Internet and phone
- Gift shop items and any other items of personal nature
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places National Geographic Orion intends to visit, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.
SPECIAL OFFER: Book this expedition 'back to back' with the French Polynesia: Beyond the Postcard expedition and SAVE 10% off the normal price for each cruise.