New Zealand's Preservation Inlet Discovery Expedition
DURATION:7 Days/ 6 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Milford Wanderer
Join an incredible 7 day voyage of discovery on an exploration of five of New Zealand’s southernmost and seldom visited fiords; Chalky and Preservation Inlets as well as the stunning Doubtful, Dusky and Breaksea Sounds. Preservation and Chalky inlets offer remote, wind-swept coastlines and grand sweeping beaches. In the past, the natural harbours in this area attracted early whalers and miners. Only a few traces of their attempts to tame the landscape still remain. Experience the extreme isolation of this inspirational wilderness, its beauty, wildlife and history.
From aboard the purpose-built Milford Wanderer you will trace the route Captain Cook took during his historic 1773 voyage to seek out the hypothetical Terra Australis. During your expedition, you will land on beautiful beaches and spend time exploring the coastline via tender craft and kayak. View the island sanctuary set aside by New Zealand’s first conservationist Richard Henry and enjoy the country's unique and rich wildlife. With onboard nature guides, great facilities and outstanding food, all your needs are catered for against an awe-inspiring natural backdrop.
Operated by: Real Journeys
The Milford Wanderer is a modern, motorised vessel first launched in 1992 after being purpose-built for navigating southern New Zealand's World Heritage-listed Fiordland National Park. Designed along the lines of a traditional sailing scow, she has old-world charm combined with modern facilities and the latest in safety equipment. In 2011 she underwent a complete $3 million refit. Guests are accommodated in refurbished twin-share cabins, altough private en suites are not available in any room. There are sufficient same-sex shared facilities for all guests to utilise at their convenience. There is a cosy and comfortable dining saloon, licensed bar, open bridge and generous deck space.
Your cruise price includes:
- 6 night cruise aboard the Milford Wanderer
- Return coach transfers from Queenstown hotel
- One way helicopter transfer in Fiordland
- All meals whilst aboard
- 24 hour tea and coffee
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Use of kayaks and other expedition equipment
- Touring as described in the itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- New Zealand Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges, laundry charges and souvenir purchases